Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Reality?? My life

Since I am sitting here not allowed to do a thing, I figured it was a good time to up date this.

I often find myself in conversations with people not quite "getting" my situation and in a position of "i feel sorry for you." Which I had a convo with Wonder Woman about this last night. I hate explaining my situation because I do NOT want people to feel sorry for me. Though I do have a crap disease, well a few of them. I like being treated as though I am an average person. I know what I can handle and what I can do. I like the fact that people complain to me about normal life situations. I truly love random texts about what people go thru in daily life. Though this is not the point of the blog, the point is I am so spoiled with people who "get it" that when people don't it can get frustrating for me because I do get the "poor baby" or "you'll get better." The reality of that is not totally the case.

After going to Harley and sending out a few texts yesterday I found out I had pleurisy AGAIN. Which is my lung grinding against the chest wall. It's quite painful, but I have until tonight basically to find someone to cover what I can't as I am not in the best of health but I am doing quite awesome. My choices are 1. take on the poker run, run myself into the ground and potentially damage my lungs more then they are. OR 2. Step back and go, OK I am ill, I need to put my health first and take care of whats left of my lungs.

The people that "get it" assure me I am making the right decision and I need to take care of my crap for lungs and my health. Thought my POTS is 100% under control as is my CF the damage has been done. The others that here often tell me "get better soon" at first it catches me off guard and also erks me a bit. Then I have to realize this is what they understand of it. It's not that I am feeling worse, I just got confirmation my lungs are truly crap. My life is not gonna get better but I can do everything in my power to keep my lungs as healthy as they possibly can. Which is completely in my power. I'd be stupid not to take that control and fight for my health. I don't mean to make this a sad post, cause its not. I just wish people understood more of what I go through. I have a limit of what I can do. Which I usually push myself but that is no longer an option. There is no more getting better though the pleurisy will heal. It's time to take on less, do what I truly love to do, and I think its also time to alter my diet again, well more so smaller high nutrient foods thru out the day.

At the end of the day, I want people to understand that I am OK, I am doing very well at the moment, and though I am not getting better I am going to make myself stay stable for years to come. I am going to rest when I need to, I am going to stay healthy, I am gonna make smoothies, and I am gonna get as much awareness out as I can. I am also gonna take over Wonder Womans office so I can spend time with my lovely students educating them on POTS, CF and proper cooking!! :-D  To my HU students, she doesn't know this as of yet so lets not push this to hard, though I should be back in soon for Food Allergies with my fave ER nurse ;-).

Now its time to dig for food :-)
Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment