Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Cardio

So I saw one of my fave's today, and for once I had nothing but good news :-). No I am not cured but I have improved greatly since my diagnosis. I haven't passed out in years, and my I had an awesome turn around with my POTS. All of my chest pain and fast heart rate is all just my POTS. Which is such a relief. There's no blockages or anything in my heart, so it is all about coping. It's also about fighting back against your disease. I have said on here, I have been told by Wonder Woman, can't walk?? Crawl!! She means it literally to. Get up, get out of bed, and if you just make it down the hall that day, you are up and out of bed. What more could you want?? A life?? Well that comes on days when you feel good.

They say POTS is a syndrome, meaning its a side effect of your main disease. Though, scientist, I would like respectfully disagree. This "thing" eats away at you, emotionally. You hear constantly you are crazy, there's nothing, wrong its all in your head, you need psych help. They are wrong! Oh so wrong, it affect your autonomic nervous system. It just attacks your body, these symptoms are very much so real. Physically?? your heart rate is always high, your BP is usually low, you get dizzy, you can pass out, you depend on Saline, you depend on others. If your anything like me, you hate asking for help. You were raised if you are capable you get up and doing it yourself, and its hard for me to let others help me out. You take pills like its food. Most of mine are supplements. You try to fight daily for you life, in ways most people do not comprehend. Every. Single. Day. You fight to get back to what you consider normal, you fight just to feel like an average person. You long for days when you were surrounded by friends. You may even break down and cry because you feel like you can't take it anymore. And all that is OK.

BUT.

You can never ever give up. You are not you diagnosis, and you can fight back. I was told today that I am doing awesome. I found out what works for me, and I got part of my life back. Its a daily battle, and things for me change daily. I am not even exaggerating. I use my saline daily, I don't eat gluten, I don't eat meat, I eat tons of salt, and some days i barely eat carbs. I even exercise when I can. Some days I make a fort out of pillows and blankets, watch netflix, and eat. Other days I get up and do what I can. Is POTS life altering?? Well yes. It is going to be. But why should that stop us?? What are your dreams?? Ambitions?? What does your soul want so badly, you would do anything for?? THAT is who you are. I am not POTS, CF, MCAD, I am not the girl with the IV. I am the crazy girl with teal hair and tattoos. I am a Chef. I am the crazy cat lover, that is obsessed with Super hero's. I am the girl who loves starbucks a little to much, and the girl who wants awareness so people will have a better tomorrow. Those people that walked out?? They never were meant to be in your life?? It hurts when they leave, but this I promise you, you will be so much happier with out them in your life. True friends, text you and go "whats wrong your to quiet" or send you links to watch ships on your computer (don't ask). They send you smiles, cat pictures, puppy pics, they send you skulls, then video chat you just to see you smile. They never let you forget who you are. They see you and not your diagnosis.

So until we find a cure, lets cope together, lets go out when we can, lean on our friends and family when we need to, don't be scared to ask for help, and remember we are not are diagnosis. We have the option to go "OK this is my diagnosis, this is my expected out come, now how can I beat it." Which you can!! If your still here, I love you :-) keep smiling.

Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment