Thursday, September 25, 2014

Iron

Sorry I have been MIA on here recently. This week has been interesting and eventful, not in the good way either. 

Lets start with the mild reaction I had to what I think was a bug bite. I was getting ready to run errands the day before my iron infusion. I got bit by something and not long later I was taking some benadryl. I sent a pic of my makeup to Sif who looked at and thought I had a reaction which she wasn't wrong I hadn't told her at the point and she called it lol. Makeup looked AWESOME though, no idea how I managed on benadryl but thats ok. That night I had my hair done to, well cut and came home to get ready for the next day.

Which was iron day, thankful I handled it well during, no adverse reaction and chatted with a lovely Scottish couple. It made me want new lungs so bad even though I am still functional so I can go to England and (she had told stories of London) see a good friend of mine, go see all these awesome sight and finally get to hang out with my lovely Pixie Momma. I met so many lovely people and got to meet so many inspirational people. These are people that fight cancer, though some will be cured, its still a tough battle. They go through more then I can ever imagine, a lot of woman lose their hair which can be their identity. Mine has thinned before because of malnutrition but anyways before I go on a rambling spree lol. I had went to work with Wonder Woman after and ended stretched out over a chair and a shredder because I felt that bad. I could not stop coughing, my body ached, I was not hungry, I was so tired. ALL from iron. I still can't eat well.

When I finally got home, i did all my treatments grabbed my oxygen and heating pad and went to bed. It was awful!! I just didn't want to eat or well do anything. Yesterday was just as bad to, my lungs are crap, my body aches, I can't eat, I have a head ache, and I am just miserable. All from an iron infusion. Its a nasty little treatment. I rather be on steroids and that should tell most of you everything. I have never hated a medication so much because of how it made me feel and I still have another dose to get. 

I am sure you are wondering why?? Well my iron is indeed low and have little choice in the matter. It's either take it or get worse. I rather take it, be sick for 2 week, and be infection free and have good lab levels. Infection free?? Well in CF iron deficiency and infections can be related. Basically if you have CF and low iron levels, you are at risk for chronic lung infections. Which last year I had one for 7 months strait with a break for a week or two in between which ended up in a bad case of pneumonia and resp distress. Which of course was a couple day stay in the big house (our major hospital in the area). But none the less I really hope all this works out for the best. 

In much better news, I hate making these things so not happy. My wonderful Grandma went out and got me 4 pints of vegan ice cream in 4 different flavors. I was entirely upset about not being able to eat (can't even drink coffee) she went out and bought me ice cream just to make me feel better. It taste like heaven. Robo was even over here begging for some. YUM!!

But I guess I need real food in me for meds so I'm gonna coat tofu and bake it lol.
Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment