Saturday, September 20, 2014

Diet, Food. Health

Not much has been going on these past two days, I have been trying to get my diet back to small meals thru out the day, every time I get on doxi it gets all kinds of messed up. You can't eat with it, and I like to sleep when I am sick so it never works out to well. I have small breakfast down but I like to eat and recently been to tired to really cook so it has been working out to well. I just need to break things down a bit which isn't hard at all. I need to make large meals and only eat a portion of it.

With POTS, you need to eat smaller, lean meals thru out the day, with CF they need to be high calorie. But that doesn't always work with POTS. So a diet to combine the to safely can be an issue at times. I have almost got it down to science though. I know, no gluten, no meat, natural fat, olive oils, and small meals usually keeps them both stable. With my Saline infusion, I have my POTS completely under control which is a nice thing. Rain still messes with me but its never not going to.

While I am on the topic of  food which I love more then anything. Diet is a key to POTS, and for the most part CF to. Smaller low calorie lean meals helps with POTS, because all the blood doesn't flow to the stomach, making you become symptomatic. Dizzy, fainting, tachycardic... It makes you bloat and over all miserable. Which is never fun. Though I feel fine, I do not want to risk anything and make myself sick or symptomatic at all.

Diet is such a complicated thing when it comes to health, struggling to maintain a proper weight, not drop your BMI to low to become unhealthy. It's a constant struggle and a constant argument with some medical staff, though most of mine has seen me eat. Then you also deal with malabsorption, which I found it almost impossible to eat junk food and feel good at the same time. Though every now and then I do indulge for sure!! SO good!! I had nasty side effects of malnutrtion before so I have learned to stay healthy and mind my diet. Now a days the junk just does not taste good as I always get my food at the farmers market or make it myself.

But I guess I should get off of here and do my night meds,
Love Yall
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment