Wednesday, August 12, 2015

One of those days

Today was just all around rough. There's no way around it was just plain out rough. It wasn't a bad day but I struggled all day long with my breathing. From the moment I got up until now.

When I got up this morning as soon as I set up I knew my lungs were a bit rough, but I didn't think it would be terrible sometimes the down side of benadryl is I sleep to sound and tend to wrap around Rubes which makes me to flat and after a bit of treatment I am good. So I walked down the hall, and I was coughing pretty bad, Wonder Woman heard me and she of course wrangled me up and said PT. I told her I hadn't grabbed my inhaler yet but my right lung hurt and we needed to focus there so I went grabbed my inhaler and my phone to see such a lovely message, and listened to a very sweet song which made my morning much better. It was texted to me and it was a song from the 90s that  I grew up loving, I think I played it twice before I walked down the hall for PT and treatment. I am not even sure I replied right back I was distracted by the song. Well anyways, we tried PT which alls it did was dislodge it and make my breathing worse. So not only was Wonder Woman rushed this AM, she took time to pound on my back between treatments. I also sat on my vest with it on high. That lung still hurts to. That was just the first hour of my day!! I texted Batman going I need my coffee but getting up well yeah not happening, I got some coffee on the way to get IV supplies since I have to walk thru the kitchen but getting up to just get my coffee was to much stress. Wonder Woman usually helps me during the summer, but no one was home for the most part today. But I made it!!

I have a bad habit of taking off my oxygen during the day, which never makes Wonder Woman happy... my airways tend to get sore, and really dry, my ears get sore from the constant pressure and a few minutes of a break never hurt anyone right?? WRONG. Well today anyways and take it off put back on. Right back on.

Then Wonder Woman comes home and looks at me and tells me I look spent, its like well put up with these lungs and heart and you'd feel the same way. It's very taxing at times to breathe with all this going on. Then I also have to make my food, get my coffee, get IV supplies with out some one to help here and there its added stress. She gets it so it wasn't a terrible thing. And she helps where she can when she got home. Thought she was a bit concerned when I washed my face!! She had come to tell me about this show she was watching and she's like uhhh hurry up and wash your face please. I assured I have this to a science and got my oyxgen on pretty fast and then was like uhhh I forgot my phone so I can sit here and catch my breath!! But over all it wasn't a terrible day just struggled a bit with these lungs. Some days is harder then others but what matters is you still fight like you do on your good days. It also makes me thankful for days I can get out even when i have to stop and catch my breath.

But I guess I need to get off of here before the Rubes finds I am on my lap top and not making time for her!!

Love Yall
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment