Saturday, August 22, 2015

New med is awful

This new med has really been tearing me down. The side effects are awful!! All the classic signs of POTS. Drop in blood pressure, dizziness, nausea, near fainting... So needless to say its TERRIBLE. I have finally over come all this with the lovely help of Saline and diet change to be giving a med that causes it. And it says right on the package only tell your doctor if it last longer then 4 hours. So yep 4 hours of torture... I tend to take it at night now but if I have to get up the symptoms hit hard. Like POTS, as soon as you sit up you feel as though your gonna collapse!! Let alone make it to wear you need to. And by need, I mean its a necessity you get something. Lets sit up and spike my heart rate and drop my blood pressure!! Lovely right?? If you have POTS you know exactly what I am talking about. Which I went out today and didn't realize I had went so long with out eating and flared my POTS. It was salt salt salt, and saline. I laid in my chair bugging Z thru texting once I was stable enough to look at my phone with out spinning. We were almost home and I looked at Wonder Woman and was like. Dizziness, nausea, felt like I was gonna collapse sitting down. I keep salt pills on me so I took those and ate some pretzels, made it in and was like Saline Please!! She got me all connected and was good a bit after that. Clearly I am having POTS issues lately!! I almost never have issues with it because of my lovely Saline. But between new meds and being out to long... WHOOPS. The last time I was this sick with my POTS. I had gotten a tattoo and forgot to take my salt and my lungs were to strait and the combo... Was done for. I didn't go out Wonder Woman is good at getting my stable ASAP, and I am also good at knowing my body.

Then I was doing treatment for the night. Trying to put it off for a bit because my afternoon treatment was way late for my CF because my POTS was like HA! Your not moving!! So I flush you and get a fever!! Not because its late but because my MCAD wanting to rear its ugly little head. Wonder Woman says stress, I say my body just hates me. My pail white skin is blood read and puffy. Stress is a very evil thing.

In the good news area, the t-shirts we were selling came in today!! I was so excited to see them and so excited to see that everyone is loving them!! They are so well done, Poison Ivey did such a good job on them!! I am so ready to rock it!! I was so worried at first, I sorta looked at Wonder Woman and was like I do not know 20 people!! She was assured me I would be surprised at all who cares. I was!! I had so many sweet comments, and so much love from them. I also would get on and see tons of awareness in my name. Not just for CF but for POTS as well. We raised about $100!! Which is oh so wonderful. Every little bit counts, and thats the part I can not stress enough!! Every little thing counts. I am so blessed I had people care about me enough to buy a shirt!! And will rock skulls, lungs and hearts!! Or just wear my name on the shirt to help with a "cure." I truly love you guys!!

But I guess I must get off here, I hear the jingle of the kittie collar. Yes she is the all ruling.
Love Yall
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment