Friday, August 1, 2014

I recently got a tattoo, Alice themed, cheshire with a clock and a rose. Representing my one disease and how precious time is. Lets face it. Time is not guaranteed for anyone, but for those of us fighting a chronic illness like mine its very much so on your mind constantly. Most of us embrace it and make every day count. So I got to thinking of my next tattoo. Yes I am THAT person. lol I have been thinking of getting a ship for a long time now. I wanted to get it down my side but rib tattoo's will collapse my already weak lungs. So I want it down my leg.

Almost like a ghost ship. I was like Wonder Woman, what is the meaning behind it. Well "ghost pirates" are between worlds they are not really living but they are not really dead. It made both of us think. When you are faced with the type of lung disease I have, sometimes you feel like you are caught between the living or the dead. Before you get confused by this let me explain. I am chronically ill (obviously) and some days i am trapped on oxygen, IVs, in bed and longing to be apart of the world most people are in. You want to go shopping?? You can go. Movies?? Have fun!! But I am nowhere near sick enough for potentially life saving treatment. I am still functional on most days, others well not so much. So how am I any different from them?? They seem so full of life?? But are they really?? You never know what some one is going thru. You can not tell how sick I am most days. But like them I fight for the life I desire. The life I want to live and act as if I do live.

But for a more real update, my ankle is still healing and have not been able to exercise at all. I've been exhausted and battling my lungs and my heart. But I am winning!! I will always win!!

But for now I must be off
Love Yall
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment