Friday, August 22, 2014

Vacation

I am sadly home from vacation, though I am happy to be back to my kitten, grandma decorated my room for me while I was gone. I had asked her a few weeks before I left if she would put dry eraser shelf paper on my door so I can draw/write on it. Well she had it everywhere which was awesome. But back to vacation. I do miss getting up and sitting by a pool, I miss the nice area to do my makeup, and the short walk to the beach. Though I do not miss the silly bug that bit and gave me an allergic reaction.

On my last day there I had met a lovely lady, who had introduced me to her family who has POTS. It was really nice knowing that there is someone out there with my disease and knew what I had  gone thru all these years. It was also nice to see someone have the same symptoms as mine. Had a similar treatment. I also found out the one knew some one that was amlost 50 with cystic fibrosis. Which also gives you hope. I really have not been so relieved to talk to a stranger in some time. And though I come off at times as very closed off I am actually a very open person. You just show I can be myself around you. I had met them after I locked myself out of my room and intern the pool (the horror) so my SPOT was open. OMG I was off to go out with Wonder Woman and Dr Dean for dinner and someone was in my SPOT (yes I am that person). I had sat down to read with a full bag of saline, and she had asked me what I was doing and I explained my disease and she asked if I would meet everyone else. Of course! lol

I had gotten to talk to them for a bit, and she had asked about dating. Which is quite a pain when it comes to being chronically ill. Being that I live with IVs, oxygen, PT, treatments, and some days life kicks you down. I had explained my current situation and why I had broke up with some one, my feelings for someone else who had consistently been in my life. It was so amazing to here from a stranger that I had indeed made the right decision, and I should persu the other person. I glad she understood what I was going thru and had a similar story as I did. Some days the relief of not only knowing you made the right decision but someone like you in the world is what you need. But that's not all I learned from this vacation.

I learned how to travel. OMG what a pain at times. If you have a disease where you lungs get congested. I know people with chronic infections can be an issues on top of CF. STOP AND WALK AROUND. 8 hours in a car with out PT, Vest, treatments does take a toll on your body. Your lungs back up, you get a fever, you get sick. You need to more then just walk to the bathroom. You need to be up and moving around. And carbs do not keep you "OK" for an extended period of time with POTS, you need a lean protein base. And PB does not count the way I thought it would .

No comments:

Post a Comment