Monday, August 18, 2014

I just got back from a short beach visit (as I am sure you can tell by my last post). I am sitting here cooling off, its very hot here and my diseases do not like it. I am off my oxygen again. Downing what seems like way to much water, and throwing chocolate chips back like they are shots, and munching on pretzels.

A few people have stopped me while I am here, asking about my IV. I have explained it to them with a smile. As most people do not know what my diseases are. Many times thru language barriers. But they truly care and ask if I am ok. Espically the one's that are not from America. But most people here are nice. The lady who was cleaning today point at my IV and asked about it. Thru a language barrier she understood and told me she'd pray for me and to never give up. I promised I would not. I had point at my lungs and told her it helps me breathe. That is true compassion, she does not know me at all. She just saw the weird girl sitting on the sink doing her makeup with tubes connected.

I spent the morning at the pool reading, and laughing at the sites I saw. At times sending Sif messages showing her the pics behind the stories. Wonder Woman hung out with me during lunch and ate pretzels with me, drank some coffee, and I BEGGED her to let me go the beach. Well I did yesterday, she saw how much I needed to go there, she knows my soul is linked there cause hers is to. So she said after my last liter you can go. So what do I do, put my pole in a chair sit as low I can to make it run. It ends "crap a breathing treatment" haahah i finally made it to the beach!! YES!!! OH MY GOSH it put my home beach to shame. Such a gorgeous clean beach. And I truly got to enjoy it. I got to feel the sand in my toes, that was burning me but I got to sit there in the sand. I had found went sand to sit in so it was a lot cooler and I took it all. The true beauty. The true meaning of life. How beautiful it is we just have to find what makes us see it. I put on my oxygen and just sat there. There is nothing more beautiful then sitting on the sand and hearing the crashing waves. Well one thing is but different story different day.

When I was just sitting on the beach I had quite a few people stop and stare at me. I am truly happy just sitting on the overly hot heat taking in life. They don't seem to get it but thats OK. What other people think of me does not really matter. I am OK with being the odd girl smiling stupidly at the crashing waves. Laying a chair with my nose in a book. Or just sitting down stairs stabilizing while people look at me. IVs, Oxygen, nebs, are all a part of my daily life. To sit on the beach and relax or by the pool, truly makes all that "crap" worth it.

But I guess I best get off here, I am in the middle of a good book.
Love Yall
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment