Thursday, August 14, 2014

I should be organizing and cleaning for my trip, but I am doing my nails like a typical girl lol. I got these sticker nail polish things that are asthma friendly and look pretty. Saves me sometime not letting it dry. I am sure this a first world problem however it does not bother me. But on to more important things.

I had PFT testing today, and I am not so confident that its good, but I am pretty confident its not severe damage. knock on wood right?? lol My RT was such a sweet person and recomended me getting into smoothies for nutrition. I am like hmmm, if I get a Ninja or a Bullet (whatever Wonder Woman wants) it can also act as a food processor, which in turn can grind herbs for me. So OK!! I think she learned some from me to today. That sometimes patient appear attypically. Which is one of my major fights in the medical world. Not all patients appear as stated in textbooks. I have a non text book diagnosis of my one lung disease. But that is OK, people like her listen!! And that is what I love about my team. They listen. I wish more medical professionals listened the way she does. I had one time I went to the ER, wasn't breathing, normal Sats tho, so the nurse refused to treat me. Wonder Woman corrected that of course. But it is scary to think about other people who do not have a Wonder Woman by there side. I sometimes complain about having a nurse in their like I do. Like today "put your oxygen on and put it on now, you will not be OK, you had no treatments today..." But... FINE!! lol Most days I am extremely thankful and feel truly blessed, just not when I don't want to listen when I should. Nurse trumps patient... Really though you can NOT argue with a GOOD nurse. Doctors even the good one's you can get sometimes get your way. 

I also had bone density this week, and my Radio Tech (also RT lol) looked at my arms, and at me, and goes they tell a story don't they (speaking of my tattoos). I said yes, a deep one, and explained my battle with my lungs, my heart, how I can't do as much as even though I try like hell. Which is what my fairy does represent. Sometimes you gotta take a leap and pray it all work out. Which most times it does. Wonderland is my escape and can mimic the stages you go thru with your diseases, but at the end you to believe in the impossible and then make it happen. I am doing things I never thought were possible. It made me happy for someone to look at me, and go you have a story and I can tell, btw you have beautiful work. Espically in a world where people go "your chronically ill how dare you" really?? seriously?? watch me!! lol

Once again Wonder Woman is on top of me to get stuff done, as if she KNEW I was on the computer listen to music :-) Some days you just need songs on repeat to make you smile.

Love
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment