Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Traveling with the chronically ill.

I know we have all packed for a trip and thought "Oh crap!! Do I have everything??" Theres a whole new level to this when you can't find the closest wal-mart and pick up what you need. Yes, we need more then stuff we can pick up from our local pharmacy. Someone of my stuff comes specality pharmacies. Meaning they have to order it, if they are allowed to, and get it to me. I need portable oxygen, IV supplies, IV poles, all my meds, respiratory devices. I am sure you read this and are thinking "Are you crazy, your traveling with all that" Why yes, cause my nurses are top of the line, and love deeply and make sure I have a life outside of a disease. And my food allergies?? I am a Chef give me a two days and i'll have stuff packed for me and the momma. Wish I had thought of that when me and Sif did our road trips. Live and learn right?? You truly do not know road tripping until you travel with me lol.

Me and Wonder Woman have done this before, so there is not much we worry about. I am pretty good with staying safe and shes awesome at going "um did you think that thru" "do you want to end up in the hospital" "have you lost your mind" you really got to feel bad for sometimes. I often get the mind set, "Nothing can stop me" and she's not far behind me making sure I do think things thru. However!! I was way to excited for this. I can get in the pull as long as its not above my waist. OMG, I more then likely will not because germs freak me out. She also gets to watch me chase after weird things and take pictures. In texas I took a pic of a gigantic centipede cause i never seen one before.

I am really looking forward to this trip, I am so excited!! I use to travel all the time, with her to.

But I guess I best get off of here. I have a busy day again tomorrow and for the rest of the week really.
Love Yall,
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment