Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Dysatuonomia Awareness Month

Well I had to quit the No Sugar Challenge. It was highly affecting my health. The first night Wonder Woman put on infection watch my lungs were so congested. I couldn't talk with out coughing and wheezing, the next day I was struggling with low blood sugar, calling her going "Hey I am dizzy and feel sick." She told me to eat sugar and eat it now. I did, and I am still struggling with it today. I figured with CFRD, no sugar would be fine, since I do not have CFRD YET, yep not how it worked out. I guess I depleted my sugar levels and now I am trying to catch up. A nice snack of pretzels, peanut butter, and chocolate chips seems to be helping. I am currently stable, well just had my snack. This not the expectation that I thought was going to happen.

Though to more important things. It's dysautonomia awareness months. One of the things I live with. It's define as dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system, which is what controls your blood pressure, heart rate, respirations, digestion, basically everything you do not think about it that your body controls daily. My form is POTS. No I am not gonna bore you with the scientific definition of what it is. But I will tell you what my daily life is.

Every day I wake up and connect to saline, take a handful (10) pills. I do other meds to but they are not for POTS. I down a bottle of water and eat an apple with peanut butter. This what I know makes me stable in the morning. I run 2 - 3 liters of saline a day, and eat "just enough" salt. Which I am OK with excess salt. Im a Chef!! lol Anyways. I have to stay off my feet as much as possible. There is no excessive standing, I could pass out. I get chest pain from excessively high heart rates. I eat several small meals a day. Normally high in salt to keep me stable.

If I go out, I need to take saline with me. I need to make sure I take a snack with me, I need to make sure I have a full bottle of water. I can't get hot either it will make me sick. I can not go anywhere with out this. I have to keep an eye on my blood pressure, I can not miss a meal or a dose of medication. So I tend to take all this stuff with me as well...

This life is crazy. Its constantly revolving around medication, IVs, doctors appointments, going to get B12 shots, different infusions, constantly making sure I have taking everything. Staying in doors while its hot, making sure the house is cool, not going somewhere there is no electricity. It seems like such a burden. However there are people with POTS that are sicker then I am, and people healthier then me to.

There is lots of praying to, asking to help me thru the day, to stay stables, stay out of the hospital. Its a crazy life. But its a blessed life!!

But I must go do lung treatments.
Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment