Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

Well it's the New Year. And no this is not a typical "new years resolutotion , new year, new me" post. Cause I kinda like me, I like the person I have become. I just figured after a 2 day Marvel Marathon and an all day Lord of the Rings marathon yall dserved a blog update.

Typical year recap?? Ah sorta. A lot has happened this past year. I went from 24 hour oxygen for quite a few months, I got it down to at night only. I was off it for a while in general but kept waking up and needing it for a couple hours so I could half function. I also have full control of my IV, I think that is partially becaue I have a nurse that monitors me all the time. She does choose to do that, which I am forever greatful for.

2014 was pretty awesome. It had its ups and downs. I started it with major lung infections, allergic reactions, and completely redoing my kitchen. To getting on proper medication and getting my life back. Though most days I hate doing mucomist I am so greatful that I have a portion of my life back. I was able to travel this year, and for the first time in many years I was able to smell the ocean and enjoy it. I felt the breeze in my hair, listened to the crashing of the ways, and felt whole. I was able to sit and bake in the sun and feel the warmth of the sun on my skin. I was able to add to my tattoo collection, and keep my hair a beautiful shade of teal. I can't say I gained weight. But I did work exetremely hard to stay healthy. I was able to get awareness out, and recived a phone call that a local nurse newwhat POTS was when one of Wonder Womans friends asked how I was doing. No one knows what POTS is. At least most have at least heard of CF.

I was able to start exercising again this year to only end up on crutches and get another lung infection. But I am still able to get to the mall and just walk. So I am still able to exercise in my own way. I have gained control back of part of my life that I had once lost. Which is a miracle. My lung function is poor but I am still able to put in the effort on good days to keep them working enough to sustain a functional life.

All I want out of 2015, is the same thing. I want to be able to speak to nurses and nursing students about my life with POTS, CF, and MCAD. I want to let people know even though your allergic just about every food, you can still eat food that taste good. And if God says its time for new lungs, I will be blessed with such an oppurtunity to have a second chance at life and have an amazing team of medical staff as I do where I call home.

Love Yall
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment