Thursday, January 15, 2015

Erg

We are now back to your regularly scheduled "Poppet" update. The person I keep righting about is doing decent. I am still helping with tube feedings and I have gotten much better. Considering I had done 3 plus meds since then.

But I am sure you are wondering how I am doing?? Which I have a nasty lung infection and it reminded me of a convo I had with Wonder Woman once. I told her I try to protect people from the not so glamours life and some times quite gross life of CF. Sometimes down right terrifying. She proceeded to tell me that she wants the world to truly understand the complexity and how dangerous my life can get. Sometimes in the matter of minutes.

With "the person" (I'm keeping her name off here out of respect) I have been helping was in the hospital for a couple days. I was there on and off for 3 of them. I had called Wonder Woman Monday and I had sounded horrid. It got to the point I would get in such violent coughing fits, I'd choke the junk in my lungs and I made it all of 5 feet before I sat down on the floor on my oxygen just to make it to a chair. We at first wrote it off as the weather but it progressed she was demanding I call Superman. I didn't even have it in me to argue and I sorta did my meds and went strait to bed.

Tuesday was much worse. I had a fever, my oxygen was turned up and the coughing fits were escalatingly quite dangersouly and I was short of breath and wheezing so bad. I wasn't and still not hungry. I am dependent on candy canes and ice cream to make it thru. Its coconut milk ice cream so it's high in good fats, protein, and sugar. Superman wanted me admitted but I had explained that someone was in the hospital so to take the stress off Wonder Woman he let me stay but to go in ASAP if it gets worse.

So yesterday. After 2 doses of antibiotics I kept telling Wonder Woman when I get on my vest it feels like my chest is going to cave in and I can't take a deep breath it just does not work at all. At this point I am on steroids, Benadryl, antibiotics, alburaral, atrovent, thinners, dependent on saline. Chest PT constantly. Sometimes not even 2 hours apart. So this has left me pretty much useless. I have been helping with tube feedings but it takes it out of me. She knows this but I assure her I am ok and I need to be up and moving because I can not let this stuff just sit in my lungs. As much as it hurts and as dizzy as I get I am capable of doing what I need to get done. She is also helping me out. She does dishes and such cause I am all sorts of connected at the moment. So as I am not doing so well, Wonder Woman made it clear. You WILL be up in the middle of the night doing treatments.

Why?? Because this stuff in my lungs is life threatening. I am not transferring gases properly (oxygen and carbon dioxide) its get stuck in my airways and I am not breathing well because of it. This can cause a lot of pressure in my lungs and cause them to basically pop from my understanding of it and my lungs or lung can collapse. Yes. Collapse. Its to the point I am doing middle of the night treatments and I am being checked up on in the middle of the night.

So after being up all night with this and barely getting enough oxygen in my lungs and extreme sharp pressure in my lungs I am getting by somehow some way but I am plain out miserable and on a crazy cocktail of meds keeping Wonder Woman on red alert just in case I have to go in... This is pretty bad and pretty serious. I am doing 4 types of chest PT some every hour just to keep my stable. This is not to function this is to keep my stable enough to survive until tomorrow. There is no going out. There is no cooking. This is plain out to keep me out of the hospital in the most terrifying way.

But I must get off here to pass messages between nurse, patient, and delivery guy?? Yes. I think def between nurse and patient though lol

Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment