Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Laugh with me

Sorry I have been MIA this past week.

She had her surgery and I had spent about 12 or more hours at the hospital one day, to go home do my saline and lung treatments, and go to bed and get up the next morning to get sent home after a few hours lol. Which I did it the next day to... Then I got sick...

So. She is doing much better, she is home and I am helping her. Which is not a problem at all and I am so glad she is finally back home. I was also feeling quite guilty that I could not help out in other ways while she was in. I had Wonder Woman tell me I was not allowed to clean ANYTHING cause my lungs were starting to get bad. I was half volunteered and I half willingly took this on. I need to help out in someone even tho they make it clear I need to stay healthy to. So today I got to learn feeding tubs. OMG.

This AM wasn't to bad, I got it all in for her and just got antibiotics and water everywhere. Which wasn't to terrible because well it dries right?? That was after a bunch of lung treatments on my part. Well round 2 wasn't so great. It was rather umm messy... So the formula comes in cans right. So me being out of it on my owns meds doesn't realize i opened a can of formula. I picked it up to shake it... ALL OVER THE KITCHEN. Milk based formula (I'm OK) CRAP!! It's everywhere sorry... Go to help her and told her the sticky kitchen is SO not my fault. Glad she has a sense of humor. OK I can do this!! I have this all set up and I basically use this gigantic syringe with a point nozzle and put it in a tube and hold it there. It slipped while I was pushing it and it gets all over her!! OMG she's laughing and I'm just like OMG. This the person that helps me ALL the time and I just got formula all over her... So she told me the nurses thin it out. So I do which makes it much easier to use. Sssooo I go to try this again... ALL OVER her again it just sprays everywhere!! I am horrified.. she is laughing. OK well if you hold the thing nozzle down it leaks everywhere.... She has it in her lap now... I so feel defeated. She's laughing and assuring me its OK and she needs a bath any way and her blanket is due to be washed. And no really she actually had to go take a bath after because that stuff is sticky and was everywhere. But... But! She was such a good sport about it and says we have to learn together because it's what was always do. And I get round 3 with it very soon... I just have to sit here and laugh. I remind myself I am not a nurse, and I am also sick. Oh and really that stuff is sticky. I went to grab the can off the counter and it was stuck to it lol

As for me?? I have a bad lung infection and on my cocktail. I am at home and OK. Though alls I can handle to eat is ice cream and my lungs sound nasty but its ok.

OMG one more quick story for ya. So I have CF and a horrid lung infection so I sound pretty rough. When they came home I was in a different setting up my neb, and Wonder Woman came out to check on me and my lungs. I look at her and go "OMG she sounds like me!! is she ok?!?!" She had to laugh at me and assure its cause her nose is stopped up and of course the tube. Yes yes I tend to over react to things. And it ends up very comical. But this the person that has put up with my crap for years. I am sassy, stubborn, and over protective. Which is how we always end up with these stories. And the nurses who train me to help out are laughing really hard at all this and wanted to share some comic relief in your day.

Now to go for round 3 :-D.

Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment