Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Small update

Appendicitis has taking everything out of me, as I always nautious, in pain, and not eating like I should. Which as I always say, life goes on and I will be ok. Though all of my clothes are to big (which is a terrible thing as I had no weight on me to lose) I some how make it work. For the most part my POTS is under control. I make sure everything I eat is high in salt as I am not eating as frequently as normal, and all snack are high salt. Thinking I have things under control, the day I see Superman my lungs flare. It's here say on why they are messed up, Wonder Woman says it dust as she was stirring around the shelves, or it could be the building. But there's a mix of benadryl and steroids in me. Which is terrible because steroid use can complicate my surgery even more so then then my lungs alone.

So when I went to see my surgeon, she asked me about steroid use for lung disease, and I told her it's hard to get off of them at this point unless you give me IV antibiotics to knock all this out and help open up my airways. But here I am on steroid.. Anyways, so steroid use and Appendicitis is terrible. Apperantly it can reduce swelling while there is still an issue at hand which I am sure I have already covered that as we are 3 weeks out now and its still bothering me. Then during surgery steroids mean it might not heal properly!! The staple could leak while healing. Basically when they remove it, they staple the area, and if you are on steroids it might not heal properly and cause the bowl its connected to, to leak. Which isn't good so I am trying to stay off them desperately. And though I have started up my Doxi again its not always strong enough to keep me off steroids. It does get the job done enough though which I am normally happy with, though now I am bit worried. As if my lungs didn't complicate things as they are, there is the added worry. Yes I know for most reading this it tends to be a bit concerning. Honestly though, I am not to worried. Why?? Because one its in God's hands, and two i do have faith in my team. My surgeon is intelligent and is not taking any risk and is making sure pulmonary is there if/when I need them. She's making sure my lungs are stable before hand and is doing everything in her power to make the procedure as safe as possible.

I have always had faith things work out how they are supposed to and that things always have a reason to happen. Though at the time we have no idea why, they do. I can't imagine what this is prepare me for, or if this preparing other people for things. But one thing for sure is I am ready for my freedom back!!

But I best get off here.
Love Yall
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment