Monday, October 26, 2015

Live fully!!

It's so much easier being the patient. I have been on both sides of this so I can fully say this with confidence. It's much easier being the patient then it is watching someone close to you be sick. It's heart wrenching to hear your loved one is ill, and they are gonna be ok when they look so weak and frail and you fight to believe the truth verses what the reality is that you are witnessing.

My lungs are so weak. I am short of breath on my oxygen most days and have a lot going on in other ways health wise. My lungs ache, I get exhausted so easily, and alls I want to do is function normally. But I find myself more dependent on oxygen which makes me nervous what the next few months will bring. Wonder Woman has all raised my that quality of life is so much better then quantity of life and I keep trying to explain this to people they just don't seem to get it. "Don't you want to live to be old." I do, but it is so much more then that. I want to live more then anything which is why I fight for every option that is at my hands no matter how terrifying the reality can get. I am so blessed to have such a strong team behind me, and I am so thankful for Wonder Woman who has done everything with in her power to give my a quality of life, including driving almost an hour away to get me pizza!! She has sacrificed her entire life to help me live a life I want to.

So often I hear and watch people completely take life for granted. They don't sit and enjoy what is right there in front of them. They do not pause to enjoy life. They do not like at life with wonder and amazement they look at it as something to get thru. But it's not. Life is not something to get thru. It is something to be enjoyed and celebrated, its meant to smile, love deeply, and do everything you want to do right now. It breaks my heart to see people wasting their lives away doing nothing because there is always tomorrow. Which tomorrow is never a guarantee but thats not what this is about. Life is about doing what you love no matter what. Yes I get it people have to work and such. I truly get it. But that doesn't mean you can take time for what you want to do. Make the time in your life for the people you love, the things you have a passion for, the here and now. The movie you want to see?? The person you love?? The make up you need oh so bad?? New tattoo?? A book?? I am sure you can list on your own mind is endless. But thing is so often we forget this things are what make life worth living. There is always a way to make it work you just have to find it.

There is so much I want people to realize that I have learned from this disease. And not that life is cruel to give me or you something so tragic. Yes living with this is tragic. I see what it does to the people around me but I know at least for Wonder Woman she helps and learns that life can be beautiful down to the excitement of finding a new book or trying my new creations in the kitchen. There is so much Cystic Fibrosis, MCAD, and POTS can not take from me. My soul and my desire to succeed in life. Also my desire to love with my entire heart and find a way to make life truly beautiful.

But I must leave you with this because it's one of those days where my lungs are gross and I need to style my hair!! Oh and find the right makeup looks that speaks halloween and sugar skulls/day of the dead.

Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment