Thursday, October 22, 2015

Always Something

I saw Superman yesterday, and it turns out that my minor surgery is going to be major. There is a lot going on with my lungs and my MCAD. So to be put me under is a quite dangerous. I didn't even begin to comprehend how dangerous this is going to get. I mean do realize going on a vent with my weak lungs is dangerous but it so much more in depth then that. He does not like the idea of all this and put in my chart very strict guidelines in there for everyone to pay attention to and made it clear Wonder Woman needs to be there. Seriously they are the dynamic duo.

My lungs are really bad. I get short of breath on oxygen which apparently is not good at all. My peak flows are low as it is to. I can't even lay flat on oxygen and when I was in this past month my lips were blue when I got up on an oxygen of 3. Which is why I tend to wear a lot of lipsticks of the dark shades even though they always been my favorite I rely on them now and blush. So putting me under is going to affect my lungs in a bad way. It's going to cause inflammation and such in my lungs. To the point he wants me back in 3 months to set up some testing. Which I can handle all of this. My surgeon was like oh we'll keep you for a couple days cause of your lungs. Looks more like 3 months of recovery lung wise, and unsure of how long I will be in. I always push for out as soon as possible. I have mucus in my lungs so pulmonary always pushes out for as soon as possible and since they know Wonder Woman and have worked with her for years it helps my case most times.  So thats my lungs.

Now to make this much more complicated. I have something called Mast Cell Activation disease. Mast Cells are what burst or degranulate to cause a severe allergic reaction. Throat swelling, tongue swelling and well shock. I have tons epi, benadryl, and steroids on me at all times at home. But going under the wrong can cause me to react, so theres a way it has to be done from what I gathered. It has to be done very slowly and they need to watch me closely. Superman has all the right doctors requested, and I have a very specific pulmogist at the hospital i'll be at requested to. I request him every time I go in because the last thing someone wants to do is coming in to my room and argue Superman's care plan for me. He's spent years keeping me stable, this is what works for me, they aren't touching it. There's one other doc there I will accept but I do not know his name or the PA. Though I do wish George worked at this hospital but he doesn't he was awesome in the ICU. But we don't talk about the ICU to this day.

So needless to say I got a lot going on. Which I can handle all this I truly can. All my friends will tell you I am fighter. Or Wonder Woman will tell you I am to stubborn to die. I do call her here and there and tell her I am dieing and she will always remind me of that. I am so worried about Wonder Woman though. I know how my health affects my friends and family. I see it and I don't ever mention it but I watch how everyone close to me processes my health. They all have their way of coping and there all different, but Wonder Woman has been through everything with me, from fighting for answers to sleeping by my bed. Lady Sif and the All Father have to. They were coming up to the hospital pre-picc line. It always breaks my heart trying to explain my health to people especially those I love. But there are only things I tell to people that I love. I tell everyone else I am not sure how to explain my health and my life.

But I must get off of here for now
Love Y'all
Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment