Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Frusterated

I had planned on writing an update on my POTS and how I have learned to control it, thru meds and diet then I walked out of the store today and right into someone who was smoking. I had NO idea that person was even there let alone smoking, so there was no covering my face. I immediately started to choke, cough and wheeze, I called the person a bitch while Wonder Woman went into nurse mode. I took a cocktail of meds, came home and did more. So all in all, I had to puffs of combivent (albutaral/atrovent combo) prednisone, benadryl, and came home and 2 a double dose of albutral neb). Then my heart started to go out of rhythm, so I have been sitting here trying to get everything under control. All because someone was smoking by a door.

Before I start my rant, if you smoke, that is your choice but be considerate of other people!!

When people smoke outside doors or in public areas where they KNOW a lot of people will be gathered it is inconsiderate to others. It does not just affect me but other people who also have lung and heart disease. It affects children and infants who lungs are still developing. And here is the thing, you normally can't tell me from any other person except when I am on oxygen. Not everyone with a disease that is affected by smoking can be noticed. And we deserve the same rights as any other person. We also deserve the respect. And not only does this affect the person whatever that has the disease but there close friends and family. Now they have the burden (to my family and friends i know you do not see me as a burden) of taking care of me. Did she get meds in time?? Do I need to take her in?? Does she need further medical help?? Does she have enough oxygen to get her to treatment?? Can we make it in time?? I also can see they pain in their face of complete helplessness and anger when this happens to me.

Then being a normal young adult I posted on FB what happened and how frustrated I was, since I had just texted my BFF Tater Tot I was doing ok. The only thing I had asked was NOT TO SMOKE OUTSIDE DOORS. I didn't ask for a push of making smoking illegal, I didn't ask for it to be banned in public, I simply asked not to do in doorways where you people going and out of stores. To which I was informed well maybe I should find a new place to shop. In a very polite (stop being shocked) way I said, I am not asking for anti-smoking, I am asking for it around doorways to be stopped, and if I just stopped going to places where people smoked outside doors, I would never leave the house again. Which is not an option. That means no grocery stores, no farmers markets, no going out to get meds, and I already do a lot of shopping on line. I didn't tell her that, but I did tell her I almost never go out by myself anymore because of people who smoke. I did text a few friends, and others sorta seen the post pop up on there feeds and came to my defense.

It makes me feel that people who have lung and heart disease do not have the same basic rights as other people. God FORBID I ask you not to smoke in front of a door. I want and deserve to be able to leave my house with out wondering if I am going to die today because somehow has to smoke. And no that is not over reacting. Lung disease can KILL people.  Asthma alone can KILL people. Now add on to that MCAD, CF, or any other form of life altering lung disease and it is a deadly combination. I have mucus in my lungs, plus MCAD, so theres not much room for my lungs to swell to cause my airways to be completely BLOCKED and with MCAD it can trigger an "attack" (for lack of better words) and cause my to go into a life threaten reaction. Not to mention my POTS which all those meds put me into a dysrhymia.

I am not asking for you to stop smoking, I am asking for common courtesy you would give any other person.

But I am gonna hop off here and convince Wonder Woman to help make me a smoothie of sorts.
Love Yall
~Poppet


No comments:

Post a Comment