Monday, June 29, 2015

Thoughts

Being raised by a nurse, we always focused on quality not quantity of life. Though it was never spoken out right, growing up I never heard much about living a long happy life, but doing what you love no matter what. She even moved me 12 hours away from her to let me do what I love. She always shared experiences with me, we went to concerts, amusement parks, museums, the beach, and she still makes a point to do things with me and help me do things I love. The hardest one at the moment is traveling but she still tries.

More so then ever she has been helping me have a quality of life I do not really have, while still being the brain of things. I have always had this "lets do it not think it thru" way of living. Do I want to do it?? Yes?? Well I will find away!! So she's always going "its hot" lets wait till fall. "That's water you have a pic line." "That has a heart warning." And the best one that has lasted 28 years "what were you thinking?!?!?!" Yeah, she has had her hands full for a long time now. But off to the point.

The point is, so many people think they have this long time to live. They have years to get things done. There is always tomorrow. There is no guarantee of a tomorrow, thru God's grace we wake up every day. Life is a truly wonderful thing when you have wonderful people around to help you lead the life you want to have. So often I here "I want to do this but its not feasible" and I always always always ask "why isn't it??" and if they don't give me a good explanation, I remind them laying on the couch gets you no where. If you have the ability to experience life and love life. Do it!!

I remember last year I went to the beach and I was so happy to be there I just sucked it all in. I took picture of the waves, and the seagulls, and i just stood there breathing in the salty air, listen to the waves crash on the beach. I took almost 100 pictures. My friend didn't quite "get it" or see how amazing it truly was. To him it was just a beach. To me?? It was where my heart belonged. It was feeling the sand on my feet, my hair whipped around, cool water between my toes, seagulls singing in the sky.

I drag Wonder Woman to all these museums and she makes sure I get to see every part of it. Still as an adult because I love animals, I love science, and she sits and lets me take pictures, she lets me drag her to 3 different areas, she lets me smile at the oddest things. I am so the girl that stops by the bushes at stores to watch dragon flies because they are my favorite creature. I don't just pass it by.

So what I mean, experience life, enjoy life, get out and do things, find what you truly love, what your heart desires and DO IT. Don't let harsh words stop you. Get out there and love your life!!

Love yall
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment