Monday, July 13, 2015

Misunderstood??

Not much has been going on lately, or well it seems like nothing has been going on but I feel like I am always doing something. I haven't been feeling so well lately, I have been short of breath a lot and on my oxygen but I mean it only stops me so much. I have gotten out a few times here and there and we moved the Wii into the sunroom so I can control the air/heat and keep my body controlled and not going into some POTS flare do to heat. Not everyone around here completely understand POTS and that I need cool temperature controlled areas. I also recently found out how different Lego Pirates of the Caribbean is then the DS one!! So I am sure hours will be invested into this game. Probably weeks.

But moving on haha. So back to trying to stay as normal as possible I do get out some. And recently Wonder Woman has to get her eyes checked out and after my B12 we went to get her eyes checked for new contacts and I didn't think we'd be gone long (and neither did she) so I didn't bring any snacks like I normally do and I was already visibly short of breath and took some salt pills to keep me stable so she didn't anything that would take a long time so she could get me food. When we got home we tried to explain to someone that "just 20 minutes" can make or break me. In this case it would break me. With POTS I need a LOT of salt. I control my POTS with salt, potassium and saline. Which I had only one of these and 2 grams really isn't enough. And pushing me can really cause a lot of damage. "She'd be fine, it doesn't take that long." Some days I really do NOT know how to make people understand that POTS is not a disease you mess with just like CF. Pushing my body that way could mean my heart STOPS so I do everything I can to uh not do that. I try to not let what she says get to me but there are days it does. Some people will just never get it. Yes I do have a habit of pushing my body because thats the only way I can see how far I can go. Yes Wonder Woman is usually 5 steps behind me telling me to rethink my actions.

I also had to explain to Sif today that I really haven't been getting on FB because people really just do not get what I go thru and tend to be not so nice,  or they misunderstand whats going on and tag me in things that are just false which makes people text me and ask if I am ok. I actually deleted my FB apps and just got on my messenger. I get on FB to farm only. There is no need for added stress in my life alls it does is make me sick. I also figure if people are that interested in finding out what going on they'd text or message me. But so often people use social media to assume what goes on in my life and I had spent way to much time clearing things up I just decided to walk away for now.

This blog turned into a vent session of people that do not understand or "get it." How do I deal?? I talk to people who understand me, or know how to deal with me. Not every one will get it or understand sometimes people just want to be nosey and we have to decide who to trust with the craziness and emotions of all we go thru.

But I must get off here and get heat on my lungs its been a rough day. But I got gold eye shadow!!
Love Yall
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment