Thursday, June 11, 2015

Birthday!!

So to day is my birthday, which means I am a year older, but it also means I have been on home health for 3 years today.

Three long years!! I have been in and out of the hospital, I had more diagnosis added. But today is the day I was sent home after being in the hospital for 2 weeks, and had Saline at home for the first time. Wonder Woman took on the role of my nurse because she did not want someone else in the house when she could control the line herself. Which I am so much more comfortable with her working on it. But the down fall is I am so used to her working on it, I am so hesitant to have another nurse touch it. There are nurses that have earned my full trust with it.

That morning, I woke up and Wonder Woman came up there first thing because she had something going on that evening, and Sif was going to come up with cupcakes but I was getting out that day so we pushed it off to the next day. I had this horrid doctor coming and we had a stand off which lead me to tears since I had been on steroids for 2 weeks, which of course set off my heart monitor. The nurse came back in to check my heart which was fine of course, and gave me hugs, and told me she'd be right back. She came back with balloons, a stuffed puppy, and a card signed by the entire heart unit!! And the All Father came and got me to take me home that day!! Which after that my license expired while I was in, and I had all this crap to do to get a new license.

After that though it took, about a year to figure out the proper way to run Saline to control POTS. It's not like it was a cut and dry script. Most meds are not, but Saline is tricky to get at home because there was so much we had to do to get it approved because it was not and I don't think it still is a standard treatment. They took a huge risk to get me this, and I am more then greatful they fought to get me my Saline.

Which all patients can push for this if they know it works. All patients whether you read this for my POTS or my CF. (i have MCAD to but don't right about my allergies much) You have a say in your treatment, you can push for what you think is right. Build a repore with your doctors and speak up on what you need. This is your health!! Your life!! If you don't agree with your doctor or feel there is something else going on get a second opinion. My medical team, was built because Superman was my second opinion!! He's been my hero ever sense.

But I must get off here for now.

Love Yall
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment