Monday, April 6, 2015

Smokers

Smoking!! My up most pet peeve. Smoking.

Shocking right?? Someone with lung disease anti-smoking?? Who would have ever thought. But seriously...

If you want to smoke in your own home or away from doorways I do not care. But know you SMELL like cigarettes. I can not tell you how many people walk by me and I have a horrid attack because of the smell. Which can be bad!! But not as bad as direct inhalation of smoke.

I have only had ONE seriously bad reaction to someone walking by, I have no idea what happened but my air ways shut down, my throat got tight, and I could NOT catch my breath on oxygen. I was grabbing for all my meds all at once in the middle of the grocery store. Drinking some benadryl, taking a few pills, and using my inhalers. Wonder Woman close making sure I have everything and I am breathing. Now, I usually do not react this way, just a mild cough and airway constriction. But that time is was HORRID.

Well lets talk about what happens when I breath in that stuff when someone is careless where they smoke. Yes I am clearly upset about this. Yesterday, I walked past one person smoking and into another. As soon as Wonder Woman does what she does best. Smokers, benadryl, inhalers now. Lets me get out of the road. (i ran into one avoiding the other) So I take it, I feel no releif so once I got to sit down I take some more. I keep assuring her I was OK. I mean I am oxygen and taking everything, but when I walked out MORE smoke. I get in the truck as fast as I can, stupid skirts I half to wear because I finally got my Christmas tattoo. So here we go. Take some more meds, take some more albuterol, and I think I am fine. WRONG!! Oh I was so wrong. By the time I got home, you could hear me across the room breathing I was struggling to get air into my arms, let alone out. (It's hard to get stuff out when mucus is blocking my airways.) I got a breathing treatment in, I got mucolytics in, I got on my machine, and MORE benadryl and steroids. Though I am doing better, I am still on oxygen. I am struggling but not as severe.

Two people decided to smoke in public and because of them I am sick. Yes this was directly related. It sounds harsh but this is reality for not just me, but people with lung disease and other diseases. This is what people have to think about when they go out. We can not be care free. We have to be extra cautious about it. I have to watch every single surrounding as does Wonder Woman. It gets to the point its almost impossible to get out. This happens everywhere!!

Now if you read this far, and your offended, this is my reality. I am not asking you to not smoke, I am asking you to do it away from  door way and do NOT exhale into the stores (that has happened to me to).

But I must get off here,
Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment