Monday, March 30, 2015

I know I have been MIA for a bit. And, I have not been updating as I usually do. There has been a lot going on but it always seems as if there's nothing interesting enough to update about. There no new update with my lungs, we are still as is. Crappy lungs, and chronic antibiotics. I have either really bad peak flows or decent ones. My POTS has been giving me a lot of issues lately which it normally leaves me be. But my heart has been as mess. My BP has been low, and I have been so dependent on IVs and salt. Not to mention antibiotics and Benadryl.

But the good news??

I have taught twice this month, and I also have another position now. To get out awareness on proper nutrition and disease. I know many people with POTS especially hate to hear "well if you ate better." I am living proof you eat better, you have a better quality of life. Am I still on my saline?? YES. I use it daily. BUT, with proper nutrition, and cutting out meat and gluten, my health is normally under control. My heart is in a decent rhythm. I am still tachicardic but its bearable. I don't bloat terribly, and I am not in a lot of stomach pain. I also can disconnect more, and do a bit more with out my heart just given out on me.

Food and nutrition also plays a huge part in CF as well. Certain foods cause mucus production, some our hard to break down even with enzymes, we are normally malnourished, and I have learned to balance that as well. It's been a long hard journey but with dedication we can make it.

That's all that really has been going on lately. Which I think its time for coffee :-)

Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment