Monday, December 1, 2014

Encourage others

Being so sick, I get a lot of time to watch TV and Movies. Which made me think. Woman who are chronically ill seem to be victimized. For once I just want a sick girl to play a role of an ultimate bad ass. She fights for whats right, she fights for what she loves, she pushes back at her disease, she fights for schooling and the career she wants. She gives the man a run for his money as she knows she deserves the best. We are not victims of a disease, no one is, man, woman or child. We are people with souls that deserve the same respect as other people.

I have noticed in real life to, we are pushed aside as week. We are looked down upon and shamed. But I never see anyone fight back. I have a bad habit of finding them in the store coughing and clearing my lungs. Oh yeah obnoxious and gross but it gets my point across. Its makeup that makes me look healthy, its lipstick that covers my pail lips and nail polish that covers my purple nails. You can look at me however you want to though, take pity or not. I will show you I am just a strong and capable as other people and will not allow myself to be pushed around or looked down upon. I have been learning to take this a bit more gracefully and not obnoxiously.

Just a little pet peeve of mine haha, I also want young people to know, or those recently diagnosed, fight back against your disease, your circumstances. Your disease is not your identity, you are a heart and a soul. Do what you love, be who you want to be, think outside of the little box society has put around us and let them know you can do great things. Change the world and change how people see us. There will be days when laying in bed is the best we can do, and that is OK. We all need a break, we all need time to rest, we all need time to grieve, and we all need a moment to recharge. But never let that setback stop you from getting up and fighting back.

Love Y'all,
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment