Thursday, December 18, 2014

Educate yourself

This morning, while doing treatment I was checking my FB. And in a friends post they said my health problems were all due to food allergies. What was said exactly really and honestly hurt my feelings how it was said. I sent it to my friends and called Wonder Woman and asked if I was wrong for my feelings and my thoughts on food allergies were right. The only thing they can do to you is kill you?? She confirmed that yes, that is true, and food allergies can not cause health related issues. Then I had to realize these are people that know NOTHING about my health. I am OK with that. My health is common knowledge but not public knowledge. I keep my identity off here for a reason. I do not post my health on FaceBook for a reason. I get a lot of back lash and harassment for my diseases.

Which made me think of this blog post.

ALL of my diseases are unrelated to each other. I just got dealt a bad had and I have chosen to play it like I was dealt a Royal Flush. Keep my mouth shut, unless I know you care about me. Live my life with grace and dignity.

I have defined my health so many times on here. So. Many. Times. I have no idea what else to say about all this. The internet can tell all of this unrelated and NOT contagious. My health is genetic. Meaning its been passed down from my family.

Each disease has greatly affected my life. POTS and MCAD do not even bother me. They are under control. When I have a flare they are easily treatable. Sometimes I have to go in for help but normally I got all this at home. Usually strung out on benadryl but home. CF is slowly destroying my life but it will not defeat me.

POTS is a form of dysautonomia. Dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system, and some research says its a form of neurogenic heart disease. Basically my nervous system beats my heart up, it also affects my kidneys as well in me personally. There are many many many symptoms of POTS. I deal with quite of a few but those are the major ones. I am treated thru a Saline drip, and a very strict diet. I use exercise therapy when I can (my lungs determine this). BUT this is NOT caused by food allergies and food allergies does NOT cause POTS.

MCAD is an allergic disease. It's called Mast Cell Activation Disease. My mast cells burst prematurely causing an anaphylactic reaction. Now this in me does cause my food allergies, but you do not have to have MCAD to have food allergies. Food allergies are a completely unrelated topic for most people. In me?? Not so much. Anything can cause me to have a reaction, I do everything within my power not have a reaction but well thats not always the case. I am dealing with the disease now due to stress from watching someone I care for go thru so much. But read back a few post to update yourself on that.

CF. Cystic Fibrosi also has NOTHING to do with food allergies. Its the worse of the three for me. Its slowly destroying my lungs and weight. I do not absorb food well, I do not digest it well either. It is a genetic disease that effects my lungs, liver, kidneys, heart, and digestive system. It is not based on food allergies. It does not trigger any sort of allergic reaction. It's just a very mean disease that destroys your body.

These are what affects my health. Not food allergies. Before you say anything about ANYONE, whether they have a disease or not, think about what you would want people to say about you. Think about how you feel when you are put out and put down.

Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment