Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Nurses

I always here some very harsh things about nurses. Which to me it's heart breaking and nerve racking. "You have a nurse as a Mom she doesn't baby you??" "Nurses just educate it's the doctors." "She's just a nurse she has time." They constantly think nurses are there just to be a made and nothing more. Thats the must un true and demeaning thing to say to a nurse. No I am not a nurse. I am the daughter of one, and a friend to many." Also, there have been SO many times a nurse out smarted the doctor, saved my life, then cried with me.

Nurse's are there to comfort you when you got the worse news of your life. They pick up the pieces of what the doctors just did, and they make sure all the meds you have are proper and not counter acting your symptoms. They make sure doctors do not prescribe the wrong things or miss something.

They are there to save your life when your body is shutting down, or you had a "hold my beer watch this " moment. They assess you. They here what you are saying and what your not saying. They are the first to run to your side in a crisis and the last to leave you.

I had many nurses dry my tears while they are working on me. They held my hand for hours or braided my hair after the biggest crisis i ever had just to get it out of the tape. They have called doctors on my behalf, they defended me, and have been my biggest advocate so they can see me walk out the hospital. Holding my hand while I try to walk with poor lung function to keep me up and moving. Fixed every mistake I have made with my healthy and helped me learn ways to not make the same mistake again.

Nurses are the one's many patients not just myself have shared so much sorrow and joy with. I have many stories when it comes to nurses, from my point of view and others. Nurses are the heart beat of the hospital, we depend on them in many different ways as patients and family of patients. I have been comforted over losses and comforted over bad news.

Nurses are blessings, they are angels, and they are hero's. They sacrifice everything to care for you. To care for me. Remember that next time you need them.

Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment