Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Asthma and a bit of drama

I recently posted on my twitter, that the worse thing that can happen to me is NOT lung and heart disease. The worse thing that can happen to me is people who do not understand my battle. Theres also people that know enough to be dangerous, their usually non medical professional that have educated on their families disease and does not understand that someone else health might be a bit different. This part did not go into my tweet though its very important to ask someone in your life "how do you treat emergency situations."

I recently have spent sometime in my pulmogist hospital because he knows how to treat my diseases and exasperations in a very specific ay, which is usually over flow of fluids, low dose IV steroids, and a few bags of IV antibiotics. We can't use epi unless we are in the hospital, and all asthma attacks even at home are treated with benadryl and steroids. We typically use liquid benadryl as it works faster and I can focus on my breathing treatments.

Since I have been out of the hospital, me and Rubes have been adjusting to a new routine as well as falling back into our old routine. So to say she has been a bit of handful its an understatement and I have been trying to work with her kitty anxiety the best I can, however she's obsessed with the bathroom. I choose my fights wisely, so i figured as long as she is not crying and howling all hours of the day just let her sleep in the bathroom, leave the poor thing alone. Well i guess she used the bathroom in the bathroom and not her litter box, and my skin is a bit sore from my heart monitor and was distracting myself so when I came to be yelled my reaction was "ok." I really had NO idea what else to say. Well this made someone flip out and they became very passive aggressive with not just the cat but with me. 8 years of the cat following me into the bathroom I can't say no now. Well this sent said person over the edge and I hear doors slam I think nothing of it.

Wonder Woman has been texted about this, and she comes home and I guess the person who's already mad at me and the kitty child tells her the bathroom door has to stay shut, i get wind of this (no one took the time to tell me before hand) and I tell Wonder Woman, this is gonna get sticky come shower time. The bathroom has no windows and is tiny so theres no room for air to circulate, this is going to trigger my asthma, how am i supposed to breathe. We didn't want to make anymore waves so, she sorta said well just hold your breath.

Everyones has had their shower already had a mild attack this point. Wonder Woman was pounding on my back so I could do my vest so nothing gets dislodged. I go to air the bathroom so I can get in there, and as soon as I open the door, I instantly had a MAJOR asthma attack. I was coughing so hard I was gagging. I used my atrovent inhaler and turned my breathe oils so I could make it down the whole to do xopenex, grabbed my benadryl, and by this point Wonder Woman is helping me because I was gasping for air. She actually had to set my neb up so I could get some relief. She got my pulmozyne and told me no vest tonight I need you to care for your lungs. She got me mored meds, and my Breathe stick, and told my kitty child to keep an eye on me.

Wonder Woman is very very protective of me, not only am I her youngest were also very close and do everything together. So lets just say she very firmly made her point and the bathroom door is open and Kitty Child is somewhere in the house.

The point?? When people try to kindly but firmly say "hey this is a bad idea" please please please listen to them. They aren't just saying this to cause a riff, they are saying this to prevent something like this from happening or worse. Yes worse, this could have ended very badly, considering by the time i get admitted I have no lung sounds what so ever (bad).

Please listen when people speak its not to cause riffs but to prevent horrid scenarios from happening.
Love Y'all
~Poppet 

No comments:

Post a Comment