Monday, April 3, 2017

Organ Donation

It is Organ Donation Awareness month, though my team fights daily my ultimate fate is very harsh. My family makes the best of every moment with me, and they always keep safe environments as not to progress my disease.

No one's life is a guarantee, my disease's just make that very evident. The thing is though a person with no history of any disease can contract and infection and possibly face my same fate. I have time to wrap my head around it, my warrior have time with me but for some this isn't the case.

My goal in life is to break the stigma of donations, there are so many Myth's surrounding this and I am not going go into detail on this blog about it, but the main on I hear is "they don't work as hard to keep you alive." SO not true. They only mention organ donation after they tried every single way to keep your loved one alive. And for some this is when people here about donations for the first time. There dealing with grief, and wondering what to do from here. I wouldn't want to wish this situation on anyone. So my question is simple. What can I do now, to make break the stigma on organ donation. What can I say to help you understand??

I will never, try to break religious beliefs, I respect them and also ask people respect mine. There are religions that state you can't donate at all, and in some religions even blood donation is taboo and I respect it.

At this point alls I can do is tell my story and pray that people listen to me. I pray when people speak of me and my disease they stress that me and people like will one day need a life saving organ. I pray that the people listen, listen with an open heart and mind.

Though I live with a terminal illness that has destroyed my heart and lungs, I am an organ donor, in my will it says I am an organ donor, and have talked to my loved one's about this. I grew up knowing this is what you do, you save anothers life in a final act of love. Even with a disease my mind has not changed, yes my lungs are crap, my hearts a mess, but i still have other organs.

Please take the time to research this and please sign up at Donate Life or in America at the DMV.

Love Y'all
~Poppet 

No comments:

Post a Comment