Monday, January 30, 2017

Silly heart

If you read the blog before this you know we are trying to work on my lungs. My lung function is low and we are trying to determine how much is damage, and how much can we fix. While we are trying to fix them we have to be conscious of my other diseases as well. What could I react to, and what can trigger my POTS. Because of my POTS, I actually have Coronary Artery Disease, and Dysrhythmias (off rhythm). 

Superman was trying me on an extended dose of steroids, at what is normally considered and low dose on most people but since I am so tiny and so under weight at this point is a decent dose for my body weight. Well we are not to sure why its happening but its messing with my heart. An ER doctor didn't truly understand or listen to me and gave me a really really high dose for a normal person of steroids so over all I have been on steroids for over a week. Which now my heart is starting to mess up a bit and we are pretty sure its affecting my sugar levels (going high) because it has in the past. I was out for a bit yesterday with Wonder Woman because we had an appointment and I needed some meds. My heart messed up quite a few times in the matter of just walking down an aisle. I told her what was going and she of course tried to take as much stress off my body as possible. 

When I got home a friend from out of state was supposed to come by but I was so exhausted and my heart was bothering me so bad I ended up falling asleep and I am so thankful she understands that my life is so incredibly unpredictable. She never holds it against me. She really truly is an angel. My heart breaks every time I fall asleep and miss a friend especially ones that are from out of town. 

I am working so hard to get into a routine when it comes to my health. I am trying to get my lung function up by even one percent because my lungs always go a step back wards in the summer. That has a LOT to do with my POTS to. Recently I have become more dependent on my saline, I try to get at least 10 minutes of exercise a day, I do several different types of PT, I have to cook, and now that my heart is driving me crazy, I have to be very conscious of how much my heart can handle. I feel like 80% of my day is clearing my lungs and going to appointments and making phone calls for appointments. 

Life in general can get quite complicated but when you have me in your life there will never be a dull moment.

Love Y'all
~Poppet 

No comments:

Post a Comment