Monday, December 5, 2016

Perspective

There is a quote that floats around "Your allowed to break down, you are allowed to cry, but you are never allowed to give up." I was just talking to my Grandma and she was listing everything that has happened thru out the year, and she eneded with a friend of hers going thru major stuff (back to the whole not my life keep it private thing) and my lungs are not doing so hot. It's all about perspective, I am known for living in Wonderland and finding the good in any bad situation. Yes my aunt broke her knee, destroyed her car in a major storm, and we had a few issues with Grandma's vehicle, and our water heater broke. This does sound like a terrible year I will not deny that but lets find the good in the bad.

My aunt had an awesome to that pushed her to get movement back in her knee, even when she didn't want to move it, she also had the entire summer off and she tried TRIED to relate to me with oxygen, even though 24 hours doesn't equal 3 years of dried cracked bleeding noses, she gave it an effort and she also got a decently new car out of the disaster she had with her (the 2 are unrelated) and we were blessed enough to get Grandma's care fixed. The water heater will get fixed and my lungs well its inevitable i have CF, but I have a fabulous care team and we have OPTIONS. How fabulous is it that we are able to reach out to people. Not everyone has the blessing.

I admit myself there are times, I break down and go why me?? I learned not to say this to doctors because some go "omg emotions lets medicate her!!" Its HUMAN to have emotions. Even me the one who can be emotionally detached at times. I know how to shut myself down and preserve my poor little body from a terrible reaction. It's human to feel sadness, to cry, to be upset with your situation. I have been there myself. When things happen with my lungs that are OUT of my control I stop and have a mini pity party. Who doesn't?? But after your mini breakdown take the time to go OK, is this fixable?? If it is lets fix it. Most of us are not in this alone. The people you love are here to help you thru life.

I told my friend recently. I do need new lungs in the near future. She sent me a video to remind me to never give up!! A week or less before I opened up to Wonder Woman, that when I tell people that they have pity for me and I do not want that at all. She gently reassured me the people who love you will not pity you and feel sorry for you they will back you up and be there for you. She is SO right, thats exactly what the people I love do. They back me up and let me be sick when my body needs and is always the encouragement in the background.

The reason behind this is not "theres always someone worse then you." No no no thats not are attitude at all. We all have are personal battles and what is terrible for some, is not so terrible for someone else. Its all about perspective. It's about finding the good in every situation. It's something everyone can learn, yes my lungs are questionable, but we have options. My aunt's knee broke but she was able to get it fixed. There positive in everything you just got to take the time to find it.

But I must get off here for bit,
Love Y'all
~Poppet 

No comments:

Post a Comment