Monday, November 10, 2014

...

It was a crazy week!! A good week but a crazy week.

First, I'd like to thank the SNA for helping out me and Wonder Woman at the walk Saturday!! I had a blast with you!! Thank you for educating on Food Allergies and thank you for supporting me or well us in the battle against food allergies and my health in general.

Which health wise, I did really well!! I forgot snack *insert Wonder Womans look here* which thankfully it was a FOOD ALLERGY walk and she found yummies!! and Cotton Candy!! OMG can I tell you how many years it has been since I ate some?? Like oh I don't know 10 years!! And milk free sour cream and onion chips, pizza flavored!! OMG they were so good!! and COOKIES!! OK, a lot of this I can make myself, but "processed" food is something I never ever get to eat. It makes me super sick or I am allergic to it. Usually its I am allergic to it. So that made oh so happy!! More so that I got to eat chips then anything. OH SO GOOD lol

I got sick once or twice this week, or well my heart was out of control. POTS. I have learned some valuable things.
1. Diet is KEY to fighting POTS. Yes I do need meds, i do use an IV daily, but diet is key. I always eat a high fat, sugar, and salt breakfast every day. I missed this one day and it made me symptomatic. I had sugar!!! lol I love Sugar but it did affect my stability. My heart rate was insane, I was dizzy, and my chest hurt so bad. Yes a lot of you say "how dare someone say switch my diet, its a disease that I can not control!!" Truth. However, certain foods and how you eat them do affect your stability.
2. Lots of water and saline first thing in the morning is also key to helping maintain stability. This maybe more so for me then most people that read this. But saline is something I use for my POTS, and lots and lots of water. Not enough in the morning makes me symptomatic.
3. The oddest one... Pulling blood from my line makes me symptomatic. Blood does not bother me at all, I watch them take my blood all the time, i watch myself get tattooed, it really does not bother me, but having a lot of blood pull does.

I have been on my proper diet again, small frequent meals, plenty of salt, a decent amount of fat (good fat), and carbs/sugar. Not a LOT of sugar but enough not to drop out my sugar levels.

I must hop off here for now though must find some lunch so I can do more treatments :-D

Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment