Monday, June 3, 2013

Vacation!

Please note: I have medical clearance to go on vacation, I am also required to contact my doctor while I am gone. That being said...


I am currently getting ready to take my vacation! Less then a week and I will have my birthday with my best friend!!! Like I did last year except this year I will not be in the hospital, in tears, with nursing sticking up for me. True story lol. Last year for my birthday before 7am and just coming of steroids a young arrogent doctor came into my room and talked to me like I was a child and had no education and was down right rude. I burst into tears, set off my monitor and I explained to my nurse why I was crying. She yelled at the doctor and then surprised with a stuffed lab, balloons, and a card signed by the entire cardiac unit! I still have all of it, the dog frequent the hospitals and card is on my door the balloons are on my duckie pin board. Later on Beth decided to surprise me with cupcakes! lol She is the one that is taking the trip with me, she has been thru a lot with me but anyways before I get caught rambling.

I am getting ready for vacation which is no easy task for someone like me. Not only do I have POTS, but I have asthma with lung disease. If you do not know POTS highly affects the heart, especially mine. My heart has done some crazy things and when there is stress on the lung the heart has a tendency to freak out. My Cardiologist has expressed how bad he feels for me if that tells you how my health goes. So the trip takes a lot of thought, is the place I will be staying safe? What about the trip down? Where do we eat? (food allergies) Control IVs must stay call. What about medical supplies? This is just the begin.

I have to pack everything. Extra dressing kits, extra bags, extra supplies for my IV itself, batteries, plugs, emergency bags and tubing, nebulizers, control med's and anything medical wise I could possibly need. I am to the point of carrying extra epi! I have an expired one. Yes I do know expired do not always work as well, but I'd rather have an extra set laying about then worried about running out finding a local pharmacy that I use. Oh and hotels? Do they allow smoking? Do they have fridges for IVs? The one's I am staying at do not allowing smoke and have a fridge but I had to call and make sure of this. Then food? I must make sure I travel with adequate food. Oh and to make things even MORE interesting. I am heat sensitive going to Texas (why i am being followed by a doctor) I slightly feel bad for my friend. Though she knows "act and not react." This is the statement I tell people of what to do in an emergency situation. Nothing crazier then going into anaphylaxis and calming down someone when you need help yourself. "Act" get me benadryl, prednisone, and then epi. Call Wonder Woman as your getting me to the hospital or calling 911. Then you can react to the situation.

Im also going to be gone for a bit so I must remember to take absolutely everything! I can't forget a THING. I will be about a 3 day trip from home! And anything can go wrong, I am sure Wonder Woman is going to lose her mind! lol On the bright side of things she is meeting me there and we are vacationing the way home and stopping by the KISS cafe! I am every excited!

I am praying for a wonderful and safe vacation. And that God does protect us through out the trip and keeps us all safe.

I will be up dating this thru out my trip!
Until then
Love Yall
Poppet~

No comments:

Post a Comment