Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Myrtle Beach

As I have always said, it is QUITE difficult to travel with POTS. You have your IVs, all your medications. It's very important you take your medication on time or you can become very ill. I took my salt a couple hours late and I thought I was going to fall over. My BP was that low. Of course there is not much warning. Also if your not well hydrate things can end very badly. Passing out, shortness of breath, eratic heart rate you name it. Then sometimes people like to stare! Ugh. However my stay in SC was not like this at all. OK well sometimes it was BUT 90% it was fabulous.

We went to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner the first night there (and the following 4 days) I felt so bad for the guy. I sat down and had to take care of my IV (he didn't care) and on top of that I was like OK. I am allergic to seafood (fish and shellfish) and milk. On top of that I can not eat meat, my body can't break it down. I told him i normally ate salads, so he made me a custom salad! It was SO good! He got me a yummy safe strawberry smoothie and i promise he filled my water 5 times! We got the cutest pics there to well me and Wonder Woman! When I figure out how to I will post them lol.

The next day we tried to find a tattoo shop! lol OK the one we got to was shady so we decided to wait until we got home to get one. So we saw a Myrtle Beach Harley outlet!! The ladies in there were some of the nicest people I met. They were so accepting with the IV covers, and they listened to my story and were genuinely concerned and cared. This is unheard of where I am from. Most people stuff up their noses to me. They sat and talked to me and Wonder Woman for a good 30 minutes!  I was and am so thankful to them for helping me out, talking to me, and not looking down on my because of this crazy disease!

Then a lovely lady at the build a bear, helped us stuff the bears, and I explained my disease to her to. Not sure how the convo came up but she ended up praying for me and for healing of my disease. She was working there thru her church. She sat and talked to us for a few minutes. They were much busier then Harley but could not be more thankful for her to.

Oh and I can't forget the starbucks girl! I seen her 2 days in a row with an IV over my shoulder. And she didn't ignore me, stare or anything! She talked to us about KISS, Coffee, what its like working in a hotel lobby. It's little things like this that make me smile! The 5 of them were/are angels from God in my eyes. I do believe this and this is why.

For breakfast we went down stares to eat. First there wasn't anything safe to eat at all and no one would help us. So I made Wonder Woman eat while I drank coffee and played on FB. And a waiter came over, didn't ask me what I needed, or if she could help. She stared at my IV and what it was then didn't even talk to me. She avoided me at all cost. Gasp! the girl on the IV is contagious! I came down the next day with out it. More so because I woke up at 6 am to start and not worry with it. She treated me as if I was a different person! The 5 listed above treated me like I was a normal person walking in! I can not be more grateful to the Hard Rock, the Harley Girls, Build a Bear, and Starbucks chick! To yall I am forever grateful!

But I guess I should get off here, and EAT! lol Love me some food!
Love Yall!
~Poppet!

No comments:

Post a Comment