Sunday, June 23, 2013

ROAD TRIP

It was hard to update being on the road. You stop late, your to tired to even care about the internet, wake early and on the road! IVs and all. 28 hour trip from el paso to the beach in SC. Drove across the entire state of texas and south carolina. Yes I know improper spelling but I am tired after a long day.

Desert heat is awful! I went out side one day to face time Wonder Woman before she left for Texas. I had NO idea it was 90 outside it felt like it was in 70/80s and dehydrated myself! I fixed it the next day though. The heat is so dry I can feel the mucus stick in my lungs. Its just awful but I had a wonderful time with Beth, Mike and Molly! Molly is the sweetest! Puppy kisses every morning. She walked me to the front desk once. It was a 5 minute walk there and back to get coffee which is OK and the girls LOVE her in there and she' welcome. Yeah... That was a mistake. I was SO messed up from the heat, I had to have some start my saline for me! Which is unheard of for me. But its ok it stabled me, Molly laid across the laptop and we got comfy on the couch!

The beach has been a BLAST! I went out on the beach, and walked a bit, went shopping. There's these fancy girlie stores around here. Yeah... you'll find me in the redneck biker stores! lol. Where else does my heart belong? Oh yes on a crab boat lol.

But really, my POTS has been OK on this trip. I only got sick 3 times in Texas, more so because I do not listen and figured the heat wouldn't flare me up. But it did! But once I got stable and use to the environment I was fine. SC, it has been great here. I was only dizzy one day and that's because i took my one dose of salt way to late. I take salt to keep my blood pressure normal.

Well I am tired and see a bag of chips! :-D So I shall hop off of here and eat!
Love yall
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment