Monday, March 27, 2017

Set back or infection??

A lot my plans this weekend were altered!! Like last minute, I had made plans on Thursday for the weekend with my family and I got a call that evening that I needed to go in for a chest x-ray and sputum samples. Which turned Wonder Woman into nurse mode and my freedom to drive was temporary pulled because I cough until i am dizzy. So I am texting the All Father, Poison Ivey, and her love (i am not calling you dead pool though I am sure thats your name in my phone.) Hey probably have a lung infection or a major set back I am not allowed to drive all weekend cause I need meds that make me really tired. I can't skip a dose of benadryl or zofran at this point. They all told me hey we will come to you don't worry about it!! This is why i love my family. 

Life with any chronic illness not just mine can be completely unpredictable. It leaves you cancelling your plans, altering your plans, or working through whatever it is your disease does to you. Mine?? Means I sit down to brush my teeth some days while laying my head on the sink. Or taking a luke warm shower with the door open so I can breathe and see the people that love me. Life in general can throw a wrench in your plans, but when you battle your own body it seems like its a lot more frequent. I wish I had more advice other then "go with the flow" but thats really what we do. It's also my family working as a team to do what I need. It's Wonder Woman walking through the grocery store because I am THAT predictable and me just keeping up. It's the All Father popping over to hang with me and the kitten. It's Poison Ivey selling shirts so I can focus on OK I need to go and take care of myself and not worrying about the cost.

My lungs are currently kicking my butt and my heart rate is pretty high so I am gonna keep this one pretty short because I need to go take care of these for the second time in 2 hours. Yes this is how my entire week will be.

Love Y'all
~Poppet 

No comments:

Post a Comment