Monday, March 20, 2017

Go with the flow

Its been pretty busy around here lately and with my lungs doing whatever it is that these lungs do life happens with or with out me. Plans change at the very last minute and I have had to once again push back seeing a friend from the other side of the country.

I often feel like I have appointment after appointment, and if I am not trying to get sorted to go to one of those with reminds do i have a tank filled?? Probably not. My health makes last minute cancellations a part of my life.

Lets take yesterday for example, I was getting ready because I needed to do a few things and felt well I was out and I was at my baseline we could stop an extra place or to. Well I came out of my room makeup half done to find it was snowing!! We call that "admit" weather. So pizza was a no go, ulta was a no go, and getting gas to see my friend was a no go. It looked like a med run was my only option and Wonder Woman's way of making this better was a trip to Starbucks where people know me and prayed we can park in front of the door, and then we of course got my meds. It also worked out the stuff I needed at Ulta was at the pharmacy!! So it worked out minus yummy safe food.

This happens a LOT at my stage of lung disease but you know what, even "normal" (read healthy people) have days like this. Nothing goes right and plans needs to be canceled. Yeah I am just as shocked as y'all are. I have learned not to be disappointed that there are days I can't do what I want to and things will work themselves out for the better. Sometimes you may not know right away other times those little miracles just pop up right away and say "here I am!!"

A week ago I woke up to a text and it sounded like my friend was frazzled and she was going to make Wonder Woman's appointment work but we assured her to take the day off and we would figure it out. The day before I was wondering how I was going to make a busy week work while keeping my lungs going because something I have scheduled just aren't skippable and I am dependent on the universe to guide the way!!

Yes, sometimes cancelled plans, altered plans, or a bump in the road can get quite frustrating, it really is just a part of our daily lives. The key is stop and thank the universe for whatever it is setting us up for or protecting us from. Take 5 minutes of your day to pout it out and then revamp your day, we have learned that its just a part of this hectic life we lead.

Love Y'all
~Poppet 

No comments:

Post a Comment