Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Tattoos

Awhile back I promised the All Father I would right down the stories of my tattoos. I have been putting it off for a year, I wasn't sure I entirely want something so deep to be put in the public eye. However this might allow people to see Tattoo's in different light.

Everyone of my tattoos has a story, thought this will probably be a two or more part blog so its not to long I wanted to share at least part of the story with you. My collection is ever growing but every tattoo has a representation of my life. I think I will start with my Jabberwocky. The tattoo I have wanted the longest and we are FINALLY working on. 

In the movie by Tim Burton, Alice is faced with the fact she will have to slay the Jabberwock, she constantly fights the idea that she is the one who has to "slay" the creature. She spends most of the movie denying its her and characters along the way in different ways tell her she is the one that will take on this role. In the end she comes out in her armor and list all the 6 impossible things she believes and that she truly can slay such a creature. 

I have always tell people that I will slay CF the way Alice slayed the creature. Somedays CF seems impossible to beat. It breaks you down, it leaves you breathless in tears and you just seems like no matter how hard you try its just not enough. You are forced to believe what seems impossible that this to you will overcome. You will beat this setback, you will beat this infection, you will beat this disease. You have it in you, you just have to find that belief inside you.

What is unique about this scene, which is tattooed on my upper arm, before you see alice show up in her armor, the characters that helped her a long the way are willing to battle for her. You see, you are not in this fight alone, though it seems like you are in this fight alone and it feels that way you are not.     I often say, you are not the only one that is living with your disease, it affects every person around you. People will cry with you, they will fight with, and they will celebrate your victories with you.

So I have a Jabberwocky that wraps my shoulder, because I can slay this disease. I also have the support characters because I do not fight this alone. I have such a dynamic team. I call y'all my warriors because thats what we are. We fight daily together. When I look at my arm, I smile. Why?? Because as you will find out, i have a little mouse with a bow in arrow ready to fight, I have a twisted rabbit to do whatever he needs to do, i have a smiling cat to remind to smile through the pain, and a hatter to remind myself I am just crazy enough to believe in the impossible and to keep my "muchness." Time in precious, do not let it slip away and remember to believe in the impossible.

Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment