Monday, February 20, 2017

Tattoo blog again!!

Continuing with Tattoo blog!!

One of my first major tattoos was a fairy sitting on a  sugar skull. Its on my left hand its a complete representation of who I am. Me and Wonder Woman were eating pizza and I told her once I was completely disabled I would get my hand tattooed because for some crazy reason I NEEDED a hand tattoo. (Yes I want my right one done but my skin swells and I'm right handed). While we were figuring out what to get, I wanted something so visible to represent who I am and my life. So this is what we decided on.

Sugar skull represent the celebration of a passed loved ones life, its a holiday in the spanish community and most our indeed catholic (as am i). A lot of things I loved have been sacrificed along the way of my health slowly detearriating. No more roller coasters, concerts, long beach day, and once I was cleared for a water park I got a PICC. My health has still decreased over the years and a lot of my time is doing meds, treatments, cooking and exercise. Every now and then my parents get me out of the house for a non medical outing. I didn't want to mourn the life I lost which is totally OK. You are allowed to be said and grieve its a part of life, but I wanted to be thankful for the life I had and the memories I had made a long the years. I was so blessed to have had so many opportunities in my life. So a sugar skull it was. It actually has horns which I find hilarious to.

The fairy well I am super tiny, and my nickname is Tinker Bell and I love all things mythical. Tho I will tell you I am mermaid and I have all these lung issues because I am not meant to live on land. I always tells Wonder Woman I need wings so I can fly. Take the stress off my lungs so I can do things. I am also mischievous and always taking her things. (google fairies lol). She is also a little goth girl with purple wings and yes I was and would still be if money allowed to be the little goth girl. So she truly it a part of who I am.

While I did get that major piece I got Peter Criss' drum tattoo on my inner arm, he was the reason I became a drummer and he is also the guy I was named after. I am also a HUGE KISS fan, and tho Peter is not my favorite member he truly is my favorite drummer. He taught me do what you love with soul and passion. It will show thru in all you do. Listen to his solo work and you can feel his jazz roots come thru.

There are so many more tattoo's to go thru and will give you a huge insight to my life. But for now I need to sort thru recipes and decided on the ones I want.

Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment