Saturday, December 19, 2015

Wonder Woman and Grandma are re-arranging my room right now, because I stepped one foot in there and the dust is just awful that they are stirring up and I am just taking meds to suppress everything so I am sitting here watching Christmas movies that my Grandpa use to love. If you know me, you know I NEVER mention him, he was a huge part of my life and taught me the true meaning of Christmas. I remember being 5 and him sharing a Christmas dance with me to his favorite Christmas song. Which Wonder Woman has to. We were out a couple weeks ago we were Christmas shopping after she was sweet enough to by me a Bagel and coffee, and we were coming back and I had made some obnoxious remark about people who come out to shop who never ever come out any other time of year. And she pointed out, Christmas has become to commercialized and its not what Christmas was meant to be. And she's right. It's supposed to be the season of hope, joy, caring for people, happiness, being with the people you love. Oh and donating to the salvation army, I am almost 30 and still bug her for spare change to give to them because i never ever have change on me. Then I remembered a long long time ago I was told on Christmas all war pauses for the day because it's a time of joy. I can't help but think what the world would be like if we all just stopped and this thought all year around. Why don't we have joy and kindness year around. Why don't we take the time to surprise the people we love?? 

For me?? This a really hard part of the year for me. Disease wise I mean. I am constantly on benadryl, steroids, I skip one pill and I am coughing and wheezing up a storm. I break out in a rash the moment I skip a dose of benadryl and then wonder why I walking around like a zombie. Every Christmas season my lung function drops a bit more and I get it. I just recently sent Wonder Woman a text "Tis the season for chronic benadryl" and she laughed and agreed I think more so because she gets my sense of humor. I also came out of my room this morning and stated I am dying my hair today while you help Grandma. I was talking what I deemed normal and she looks at me and goes "not with that breathing your not." I had my classic response "how did you know?!? NURSES!!" So needless to say my hair has not been dyed yet today. 

I just got interrupted to help out a bit or OCD my room. I have bad OCD and things go where they need to go. Now my breathing is a bit poor so I am going to get off here and treat my lungs and allergies.

Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment