Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Battle?

I am not sure if thats an appropriate word but gosh this last week was rough! First time I saw my Momma cry! Over me... Bless her heart! I want her strength, truly amazing person. So where do I begin? Most people would say from the begin but that would take us awhile lol. I am not sure I have mentioned this but I have lung disease and severe to life threaten asthma. Some days i struggle to breathe and thats how this morning started and I really thougth it was just POTS boy was I wrong!

I woke up last wednesday and could bearly breathe but wasn't bad enough to concern me. It had been raining, I got into contact with dust so I mean I was going to be a bit short of breath. As the day progressed it got worse. I wasn't doing much just arts and crafts and not answering my phone AKA calling Momma. I finally called her asked her about dinner so I could and let her know i felt crappy. VERY crappy by the time she got home I called her and could NOT breathe to save my life. I was taking strait to the ER and after a couple hours transfered to a main hospital by critical care ambulance with paddles ready to go. I got here whre I am now and not even 24 hours later, I went into respiratory distress. The called an Emergency Response Team and got me in the ICU where i spent a couple days, OK almost a week fighting for my life to breathe. I wish I was kidding but I am not. I was oxygen IVs saline and just struggled every moment to breathe. I still have my fever but doing so much better. I really can't go into details about this. It was a night mare for all involved and I do not want people to relieve like I do.

POTS patient are severely dehydrated normally to and my asthma treatmetn set off my heart very badly! I was passing out, blacking out, i couldn't get up on my own, I was upped on my saline, had to get the heart team in here. It was a mess. But the good news is I am doing so much better. If you do have questions please feel free to PM me, or give me away to email you. Out of respect for my family. I am leaving out all the details. But also wanted to take a second to give a huge thanks to my team here you all are amazing and I am forever greatful. To my wonderful friends that stayed up night after night with me. And the local uni for working with my Angel here!

Truly from the bottom of my heart I do love you guys! The visits, the texts, the calls, the encouragement, really I am forever greatful! And Dr R truly an amazing man i highly look up to you!! And Mr G for taking tim to speak with Momma and myself :-D

Love POPPET~

No comments:

Post a Comment