Friday, October 5, 2012

Life Happens

Hey Yall!!

Oh gosh I do not eve know where to start! I have not forgotten about this and everyone its just been crazy busy for me! I am so thankful for a few people in my life! They know who they are and I could not be more thankful for their support especially with everything that has been going on.

I have said this for years which has earned me the title of Pixie :-D I am going to make a magic wand! I have pixie dust! I am going to cure the world of disease and then I am going to send myself off to the English country side!

Did Yall get to meet Abselom? My central line? I had reaction to my statlock! As of today he is a month old and I can lift my arm over my head when I need to. Not daily though. I straitened my hair yesterday and popped the dressing! This can be BAD! Nurse Momma to the rescue as always! lol Yes everything is fine!

I also had 3 skin biopsies this week. It was the worse pain i ever felt in my life. And I've broken bones and tendons. I have piercing's and tattoo's. It hurt SO bad. They are checking my nerve fibers to see the damage that is in them and pairing it with an autonomic lab. That was an interesting test. The technology is fabulous to! I was more interested in how it ran then being put through it. What an autonomic lab does is test how your autonomic nervous system works or well doesn't work. They do a tilt table, sweat test, breathing/heart test, and I think there was something else but it slipped my mind. I am eager to see the results. I know my body does not work but I would love to see the extent to which is does not work.

The best part of all the nonsense going on. Yes nonsense because what better way to describe a non working body? One of the local University's is lucky to have Momma working there. Which has her deemed Wonder Woman. Dr. Dean was kind enough to let Momma bring me to teach how to properly change a dressing and while I was there I got to educate the next generation on POTS, and what I deal with on a daily basis. It was a blessing to be a part of the education that day, and so blessed to talk to a group of Nursing students about what goes on, as well as my experience's in the hospital! I can tell which students are eager to be there and have a passion for nursing. If I ever see yall in the hospital I would be glad to have some of you as nurses! You have a great instructor and I am sure Momma will hate me for this but PICK HER BRAIN!! Go talk to her!! But when you do talk to her make sure you have your duckies in a row. Make sure you have a reason based of research why you think your right! She is always willing to help a student that is interested in learning!

Love you guys!
~Poppet!

No comments:

Post a Comment