Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fluids, Hypovelimia, Hearts, Lung Infections... Oh My!!

Where do I start?

Well I wasn't feeling good couldn't breathe well, had a drastic down fall within an hour! Not shocking for me but not good either. I have very bad asthma, and generalized lung disease. Albuteral/atrovent is none to dehydrate you! This is life threatening me. I am hypovolemic chronicially, add this it gets worse and my heart goes to crap! Ok let me rephrase it in more proper non sleep deprived, hunger driven terms. My heart will palpitate, skip beeps, sinus tachycardia, supra-ventricular tachycardia and my least fave v-tach! Get the crash cart ready call the codes the girl is going! However, Superman saves the day and has me on a heavy dose of fluids cause we love you!! The way I have read and live thru it, if you have no circulating blood volume, well it feels and look like none, but I am typing this so there is SOME. The heart in POTS does NOT like this, but really dear POTS what does the heart like? lol OK really. Dehydration and POTS is a serious no-no. My heart feels so much better dear lovely fluids. Superman and Mrs Nurse or Ms. Nurse! Really serious blessing!

So when a POTS patient has lung disease and severe allergic asthma this situation can get quite sticky. VERY sticky. I NEED the albuteral, I NEED the steroids, and in this case the antibiotics. So what we normally do is space it out. So I am not over doing my heart. For those of you that do not know what albuteral does to some patients (i do know people that this does not happen to) the average person does become Tachycardic. So lets just throw that into the mix. What happens when your lungs are compromised? MORE stress on the heart. Now yall get why I am where I am! :-D I personally can not take any heart rate reducing drugs thanks to my asthma and low blood pressure.

Lung infection possible... I do have a fever and on top of asthma and my heart. Well yes you get it...

I look like crap, but my spirit is good
Love Yall!!
Poppet~

No comments:

Post a Comment