Monday, October 8, 2012

What POTS taught me.

It's a cool morning today, it's in the low 50's. I had to go in for blood work, and got to talking to a tech with my name (:-D). So I got me thinking of what POTS has taught me about life. Or well a Chronic Disease has taught me.

Most of us (I included) take life for granted. Or at least I use to. If you read my beginning blog you will see a bit of my story.

Over the past few years I learned in order to live and truly love life you must know what it is like to survive. Literally survive. I know what it's like to be in and out of hospitals, fight for my life, litteraly fight to live to see the next hour. Not the next day, the next hour. Nurse and doctors surrounding me, helping me fight to survive. I have doctors brush me off cause they can't make money off of me...

I came to learn there are GOOD people in the world. I had a doctor tell me after years of fighting for answers that, there is something wrong and he can help me. He took the time out of his day and still does to help me!! My diagnosis was not with in his specalty and he helped me and he's gotten the most wonderful doctors. I had a nurse hold my hand for  an hour just to keep me calm. I have had people become my friend in spite of my illness when most people walk away.

I learned there is value in life! I know must of get up and get thru the day just to go back to bed. I know I am guilty! There's day I didn't even get out of bed it wasn't worth the effort. Until one day it was HARD to get out of bed. I was dizzy short of breath, passing out. Wake up and thank God you made it to the next day! It really is a treasure.

It really is all about the little things in life. I had 3 skin biopsies.... spent weeks in the hospital... there are days i get up and pass out... this means it can be a few days in between showers. I look forward to taking a bath... I look forward to washing my hair... I look forward to making my own meals... Spending the day with my Momma outside the house! I love going to our local cupcakery! I love playing with the kitten. I got to sit outside for a few mins in the crips morning air with coffee! it was fabulous!

True friends are hard to come by and be thankful for those that are close to you! Cherish them!

Really just enjoy life!! Really life is truly beautiful. You can find things to love in life. Its really all about how you look at things. You can either go oh woe is me or you can take what you learn and embrace it and smile!

On that note. I have a wonderful cupcake with black pumpkin spice coffee. Chatting with a wonderful friend and have a kitty!

Love yall!!
Poppet ~

No comments:

Post a Comment