Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Life

Yesterday we got an iron transfusion. Though I was so nervous and my by the time I officially got the infusion I had 50 mg of Benadryl in me plus Zofran we got it started. It literally looked like she was pushing tar into my heart. For those you who don't know I have a central catheter and the line goes strait into my heart. I felt OKish at first a little feverish at the most so I thought hey I am gonna be ok. We even stopped to get coffee, picked up meds and home we went. Then it hit. I couldn't breathe.

It wasn't my normal CF can't breathe this was different this was my taking frequent short breaths repeatedly and Wonder Woman was kind enough to buy me the Hunger Games serious on iTunes so I just laid down to watch that. At this point I had taking more Benadryl and my body tried to sleep. My lungs were so desperate fro air in them I kept waking up. So I finally got up to express my concerns and it hit me hard. I was talking between breaths, and I could barely make it down the hall way. But I did, Wonder Woman took one look at me and I didn't even need to speak she already knew. I just found a Wonder Woman quote "I fight for those who can't fight for them selves" and yep thats her. She sent me back to bed, and I was in and out of sleep for a bit until right before 7 I asked for dinner and meds so I could just go to bed. Yeah that kind of bad. I was out most of the night and Rubes laid next to me protect me all night. She does that when I am feeling sick. I turned on twiggy our new fan. Or well mine I guess you would say. Its one of those Dyson ones that purifies the air because my lungs break at any stress recently.

After sleeping for well over 12 hours, I got up this morning reluctantly because I am still exhausted, and my breathing is still short, to do morning meds. Annnd my vest is reading error, it wont do anything but read error. I am coughing and clearing lots of stuff from my nebs alone and new I needed chest PT badly. So I texted my parents because one is never enough. I had already looked for all the information for the vest and such to find out they are a few hours behind me. Once I finally got in touch with them it turns out the machine is just broke. At this point I have no idea what to do, I need clear my lungs, I just have a flutter, and Wonder Woman is at work. My exhaustion is very real at this point and im just ready for a proper lung clear and a break. Breaks don't come frequently here at all. Its always one thing after another.

I wish I had a positive thing to leave you with but this is my reality some days. Its just chaos, and on top of all this because of my iron I am barely eating I went to cook and am to short of breath to do so. Oh heres your positive, the sweet pup I pup sit for came by to see my for a few minutes today. And his excitement translated to a full on butt shake. Oh how I love that puppy who so isn't a pup anymore lol.

Love Y'all!!
~Popppet 

No comments:

Post a Comment