Thursday, December 7, 2017

Love the life you have,

My computer is almost dead so hopefully I can get this on here before it dies...

I was recently talking to Wonder Woman and she wanted me to meet someone she knew who is in kinda a rough place. I can't go into detail about why or what is going on but when I ask her why she told me it was my mind set. I won't let my health stop me and she's not wrong. A couple things happened after that and this is what I am left.

I can not control my health or my future. I can't control how my lungs will be this afternoon, and anything can happen between now and then so embrace the moment. Embrace every single moment you have. The good. The bad. The sorrow. The triumphant's. Why?? Because we only have one life to live. We must embrace who we are and who is around us. Anything can be taking away from us at any time. For me my life has slowly been torn away from me over time, others its in an instant. Both are equally hard in their own right and sometimes we just don't understand why we were the ones chosen to live is such destress. We don't understand why we are the ones that have to make our families cry and worry every moment of the day. It can break even the strongest. And you know what?? Thats OK. Cry it out, admit your broken, and move forward.

When I was first diagnosed I was lost, confused, and scared. What does this all mean?? How will this affect the people around me?? What does this mean for my life?? My career?? And you know what I made it work. One day at a time. None of this happened over night. It happened over the process of a couple years. As my lungs get worse, I have to adjust my days, I have to adjust my meds, and how I cook. It sucks and sometimes I just sit and cry because one more thing has been taking from me. I gather myself and move on.

What I am trying to say is never ever give up. Your gonna have some days your left absolutely broken, you gonna have some days where your gonna rejoice and all of them are worth it. You may never know why this happened to you. You can still make the best of this life. Looking back on the past years theres so much I wouldn't have been able to do if I didn't have lung disease or food allergies. I got to talk to the person who ran an anaphylaxis non profit and talk about my life with MCAD and she knew CF to. I got to educate nursing students about my insane life, and teach people that life isn't easy but this is what I do. I would not be where I am today if it wasnt for my health. And you know what?? I love my life, I love where I am in my life, and all those struggles to get here. To be me. To find myself. To truly know who I am and settle for nothing less. Well that was worth it all. Could have I done all this with out my diseases?? Maybe, but maybe not in my 20s and maybe not have the love for life I currently do.

Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment