Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thanksgiving

My lungs are doing so great. I already had 2 doses of antibiotics and my peak flows are still a bit down. I can't do as much as id like some days either. I wasn't even sure I was going to be able to meet Friggas sister when she came in for Thanksgiving. There not much or anything I look forward to when its the holiday season. I have food allergies and not a lot of people are understanding. I have allergies to bringing in decorations and Christmas for me in general isn't that great. We won't get into that to much tho.

The one thing I was really looking forward to was meeting the other Ms J. I don't have a nickname for her yet. From everything I had heard about her from being a ball of energy to asking if she needed another rock for her collection... I really just wanted to meet her. I was feeling ok that weekend so the All Father came to get me and we went back over. I was asked if I wanted to go thrifting I politely declined as I am terrified of germs but they weren't gone long and I got to the meet beautiful soul that is Ms. J. When I was warned about the ball of energy I was they were not wrong and what a beautiful soul she is.

One thing that stayed with me is what love means to her. Love is accepting an offer that some has for you. Whether its a trip, a hug, a snack, or whatever it is accept it. This could be a persons way of showing love. This could be their way to say "I love you let me do something for you." The other thing is do whatever makes you happy!!

Sometimes we get stuck in these ruts of wanting to get things done and it can be emotionally taxing. We all have those things that way on our mind that is emotionally taxing. We constantly worry about that one thing until we are a ball of nerves and our just upset and we can't shake it off. We are so focused on that "to do list" that sometimes we forget to be in the moment. We are so focused one what or who wronged us, why something happened to use that we forget to be thankful for whats in front of us. We forget that things can wait so we can be present in a moment that we might not get back.

Sometimes things can wait. Not everything of course but being present in a moment and being with a soul is so much more rewarding then a perfect winged eye liner. Dropping what your doing to reply back to someone in a busy day can mean more to someone then an object. We are into a season of being thankful and having peace on earth. But why can't we have it every day??

Change in the world starts with us, and Ms. J is that change that this world needs just like the rest of the people who surround me. They go above and beyond to sometimes just hold on my hand when I am worried, or they are there to celebrate and be thankful they have a moment with me. She is the living bubble of joy and energy that I strive to be and want to be. She reminded me that I am fragile and I am deserving of love just like every one else. Though she doesn't know a lot of my background like most she's so right. Every one is we just need to embrace the love we receive and embrace where we are in life and who are journeys have molded us into.

Love Yall
~Poppet.

No comments:

Post a Comment