Monday, August 21, 2017

Update

A lot has been going on. I have been non stop busy and if I am not busy I am sleeping including during the day. I don't know where to begin or where I left off so ill start at the beginning and just assume I have not post anything.

My heart is currently stable. I have 57% heart function and the damage has not progressed and though I have dysrhymias I am not in heart failure and all of it is just because I have POTS or my lungs put some added stress to my poor heart which makes it work a lot harder then what it should. I know earlier today my heart rate was steadily risen and not much could be done about that and we are still treating it as naturally as possible and that is a doctors orders and nothing I asked for. Which I am so thankful he's willing to help me stay off a lot of harsh medications.

Then my cat had an allergic reaction. I do not know what to, or how it all started, she kept trying to swallow was drooling all over the place so we took her to the kitten ER and by this time I am hysterical, poor Rubes is drooling I saw the lump under her tongue and I tried to force Benadryl down her throat, ended pulling her nail out of my skin, and we had to rush her to the closest animal ER. We get there and they wanted to biopsy it for cancer, cue the hysterics once again, and both my parents trying to console me because they know she's my baby and I'm really worried about her. We got her home and we were patiently waiting for results and it came back a really bad allergic reaction and my cat needed steroids. Oh my gosh that lil ball of floof who looks so innocent when she sleep has the cutest steroid grump face!! So maybe 3 days after we started her on all of that, I couldn't catch my breath...

We tried everything at home, and every time we got something moved and I could get air out which felt like relief id take a breath in and get it all stuck again. The secretions with CF can be super thick and stress with MCAD not a good combo. So I ended up in the ER for a couple hours and we got everything stable and got me home. Maybe 2 days later I was calling Superman because I had an infection settling down into my chest and we didn't want it to settle and cause some problems. Then since we shut down Rubes' immune system with steroids she got a Kitten cold, and now she's on antibiotics to. Yes it is OK to laugh because this only something that can happen to me.

My life is never boring. There is always something going on and suprisingly Rubes was a very good kitty for her doctor and I had to explain to people her formal name is Robopuppie. I am the farthest from normal you could ever be. But its all good because I love my life and the people in it.

Love Yall
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment