Sunday, June 4, 2017

Tis the season of heat!! Also tis the season for me to "quarantined" because my poor body can't handle the heat. So me and Wonder Woman were trying to get things sorted in my room, and we are now on plan C, and happy to get things sorted in my room. Two people with OCD, and with strong personalities always make working together interesting. So no major computer in my room for the summer, but that truly is OK. I have books, coloring books, and the works to keep me entertained!!

When you are basically trapped indoors because your body can not handle the intense heat, you have to become creative with things to keep occupied and entertained. Yes a lot of my time is spent caring for my lungs, but those moments where you sit and our still you need something to do. I refuse to let myself be bored because then my mind wonders. I can easily get wrapped up on a bad day about how unfair my life is. I can't just go out and enjoy the beach like an average person or an amusement park. I am stuck inside with my IVs and oxygen. Yes it does seem unfair. Some days I constantly remind myself this is exactly where I need to be in life, Fun?? Not always. Fair?? Not even close. But this is my life and I have to make the best of it. Somedays its easy, somedays I am on so much Benadryl I just do not care, and other days its tough.

I am constantly reminded its going to get much worse from here. Which I get it, but if I can't cope now how will I cope then?? So I make the best of it. The last few days my chest has been a bit to tight for comfort so my free time has been spent doing relief meds, and draining the lungs as best as I can. I mediate which allows me to focus on my breathing and center myself, and I do several forms of Chest PT. In those moments of silence, its a must for me to stay busy. What do I do??

Well for one I cook. I have to eat, and I have to cook every meal so at times I dedicate a longer frame of time to focus on my one true passion in life. I love to cook and invent new things. I love to do my makeup and just in front of the mirror and design new things that can be pretty out there but still me. I love coloring and have a stack of books I spend my time with. I organize drawers when my body allows it and other times I just watch a movie and be still.

I have told the All Father several times. I do not know where my road is going to lead but I do know at this very moment of time I am where I need to be. I am on a spiritual journey that I am so blessed for him and Frigga to guide me thru, and I am in a position where I can dedicate my time to this. He has encouraged me to start an actual website and put all this out in the public. Maybe my Jon is to guide someone thru this when they our just as lost as I sometimes feel. You know how right he is??

This is my advice to you, on a day where am I just frustrated with my lungs because its not even summer yet and my lungs are already getting beat down, and I couldn't sit thru what I'd call an easy tattoo. More of a location then pain thing. It cleared these lungs a bit. However, my point. Do what you love!! So it may take you 3 days to finish a coloring page?? Thats OK. Color, Do you like video games?? Play them!! Play until your wrist hurt, I am guilty of it. If you can sit in the sun, enjoy the day, and enjoy whatever it is your heart and soul loves to do.

Me?? Well today Wonder Woman tried to get a computer in my room, it doesn't work, but my room is now organized and I have plenty of room on my desk to do eleaborate makeup. I also have gluten free pasta and fresh veggies to make a nice dinner.

If you ever need someone to just listen and understand the share frustration of life I am here, just private message and I will get back to you.

Love Yall
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment