Saturday, June 24, 2017

Summer

Its summer!! And you know what that means?? Bye Bye lung function. Though that does sound like I am "whatever" about it, I really am not. We are just use to it, the decline comes in the summer which is why we don't usually do PFTs in the summer as it makes me breathing a LOT worse. But I am so thankful for my parents that makes my life so much easier and give me that quality of life that I truly feel some days I have lost.

This past week I have all but lost my voice and I was fighting to keep an infection out of my lungs. I have started sleeping with my oils and salt lamp. We are currently doing the Theives oil to help fight whatever infection my lungs are trying not to get. On top of that I have breathe on my chest and doing several treatments a day. Yes thats right midday treatments. Flutters, vest, and manual PT as needed. I am so blessed to have my safe house away from home so when I need to get out I can just relax at another house. Or the All Father picks me up and we go for a little drive in an AC truck and we visit little places.

Life gets so complicated in the summer, its a constant fight. Its to hot in the den, someone messes with AC in the sunroom at night so when I get up I have to turn it down, which isn't an issue really, just turn it down, make coffee, and then treatment. Its sitting in front of a glass door for some sun while the AC blows on me. I don't open the door because then Rubes thinks she's brave and we can't have her outside. She actually sitting here staring me down.

Set backs now a days scare me a bit as I can't have my lung function drop to far down, because then we will have the fight of getting on transplant list a lot sooner then the predicted date. We don't want that, we want to keep these lungs as long as possible. Yes it is inconvenient toting around a tank on top of all the things I need (like meds). But this is my life, this is the life that I have fought so hard for and I am not going to stop now. We also have some major appointments coming to see what if anything we can do for my heart. We all pray, including Dr A, that we can still treat my heart as naturally as possible. This is what I will fight for as well.

My summer is spent binge watching shows, while doing treatment, or some non stressful form of exercise. Yes thats right, even with my lungs being quite vocal lately (no really you can hear my breaths some times) I am still required to do what I have to so I can breathe a bit easier.

Thought I think Rubes wants some dinner in the most passive quiet way possible, so I must keep the poor things bowl more then half full or she does the classic kitty "please fill my bowl."

Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment